Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me track set up for C-6

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 PM
codysdad
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me track set up for C-6

I'm looking at buying some Z06 parts for my C-6 to help the handling for on track. I'm wondering how the stock z06 sways, springs and shocks would work? I drive the car very little(4000 miles a year) on the street and want a good track set up for as cheap as possible. I saw the specials for this months GM parts and for me these parts seem fair.
$230 for each front and rear Z06 springs $230 for shocks(all 4 Z06) and $200 for front and rear sways. My question is hows this set up for $800 or is there another way to better spend my money? What would be better and how much would it cost? I'm thinking go with this lower the ar a little change the alignment and that would be a good start for now? Thanks up front for your opinions

My car has headers,CAI and tune and i'm just starting track days (2) but love it and will do more WAY more!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:12 AM
67 fastback
Pro

rear swaybar and a better radiator.

head out to infinion and take a Kart school.

and will we see you @ spring Mountain in November?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
MattW_VA
Pro

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by codysdad
I'm looking at buying some Z06 parts for my C-6 to help the handling for on track. I'm wondering how the stock z06 sways, springs and shocks would work? I drive the car very little(4000 miles a year) on the street and want a good track set up for as cheap as possible. I saw the specials for this months GM parts and for me these parts seem fair.
$230 for each front and rear Z06 springs $230 for shocks(all 4 Z06) and $200 for front and rear sways. My question is hows this set up for $800 or is there another way to better spend my money? What would be better and how much would it cost? I'm thinking go with this lower the ar a little change the alignment and that would be a good start for now? Thanks up front for your opinions

My car has headers,CAI and tune and i'm just starting track days (2) but love it and will do more WAY more!
I don't know that the Z06 parts are going to be worth it from an upgrade standpoint if you've already got the C6 (Z51?)

I run the C6 T1 gear, but if I had to do it again I'd probably take a hard look at the phadt (sp?) gear and VB&P.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:55 AM
codysdad
Racer

Default My car is not a Z51

I bought a bottom of the line and got what I thought was a great deal a year ago for 38,000 about 5000 off MSRP. They would not sell me a Z51 for the same discount. So far I hear get a fat rear sway how about shocks? Don't get me wrong the car goes good but I need to spend a little at a time(I live in the land of $700,000 houses) not to brake the bank.LOL
Old 08-15-2007, 02:57 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a bottom of the line and got what I thought was a great deal a year ago for 38,000 about 5000 off MSRP. They would not sell me a Z51 for the same discount. So far I hear get a fat rear sway how about shocks? Don't get me wrong the car goes good but I need to spend a little at a time(I live in the land of $700,000 houses) not to brake the bank.LOL
Staying cost effective and your car is still likely going to be street driven regularly, I would go with the Z51 springs, bilstein or Koni sport shocks, and some Hotchkis sway bars.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:12 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm looking at buying some Z06 parts for my C-6 to help the handling for on track.
I added the C6 Z06 parts to my base model a year ago and was very happy with the results -- and the price. I recently moved up to the Pfadt coilovers and swaybars for their adjustability.

Anyway, I see you're close and I'm going to sell my Z06 stuff, so ... if you're interested -- shocks for $140, sways for $120 with each plus shipping. Parts have about 7k miles on them.

--Dan
Old 08-15-2007, 06:11 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car is a C6 Z51. I was running the Pfadt Pfatty swaybars for a few months. Then running just the Pfatty front bar and the stock Z51 rear bar. Then the Pfatty front bar and the stock base model rear bar. This weekend I'm testing the stock Z51 front bar (same as the C6Z) and the base model rear bar. When I first took the car to the track with the stock Z51 bars front and rear I found it twitchy mid-corner. I certainly wouldn't throw a C6Z rear bar on without a much stiffer front bar to match.

Anyway...
- Alignment
- Cornerweight
- C6Z / C6 Z51 Front swaybar / ADDCO 32mm / ADDCO 35mm
- Wheels & Tires
- Oil cooler upgrade / Radiator upgrade
- Shocks (C6Z $238?, Bilsteins $400?, Koni 3013sport $1000, Koni/Penkse DAs $3200, ...)
- Springs (C6Z $500, VBP $1000, Hardbar Dual Rate Coilovers for Penskes $800)
- Wilwood SL6R Front brakes

I'm about to order some CCWs, then working my way towards the brakes and more suspension fun. In my case with the Z51 coolers I can already hit 300f on the oil at Thunderhill in the summer, so I'm thinking the rad+oil cooler combo may have to happen soon, too.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:48 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Personally I would focus on seat time and honing in your driving skills. When you get to the point of out driving your car. It'll be the time to think about suspension/performance mods or another car.

Last edited by rudyarias; 08-19-2007 at 02:56 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Help me track set up for C-6

Quick Reply: Help me track set up for C-6