Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poly Shock Bushings (rear, LCA mounting point?)

Old 08-22-2007, 02:23 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Poly Shock Bushings (rear, LCA mounting point?)

Does anyone make/sell poly bushings for the rear LCA where the rear shocks mount?

I have the car torn apart with VBP poly bushings going in everywhere and figured this would help too. Or would a stiffer material like Poly in that position create a bind?

Does anyone make/sell poly bushings for the top of the stock shocks? I'm running '04 Sachs for now on my '02 Z06. I'll probably switch to a better shock in the next 6 months or sooner though. Bilstien Sport or HD???
Old 08-22-2007, 04:28 PM
danswofford
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've contacted VBP about exactly what you propose and they don't recommend it. They like the give that the stock type bushing provide and feel that a poly bushing is too harsh in that application.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:47 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Originally Posted by danswofford
I've contacted VBP about exactly what you propose and they don't recommend it. They like the give that the stock type bushing provide and feel that a poly bushing is too harsh in that application.
I just talked to VBP too... Got a different response.

I first called about the rear LCA's and the poly bushings for them. I was installing a set and the directions mention different thickness neck on the bushings front to rear on the front of the rear LCA. (was that confusing enough?) I guess their directions and pictures are wrong, as mine are the same thickness and the tech at VBP checked and said theirs were too.

I asked about the lower rear LCA shock mount and Poly. He said, while they do not have a kit, one of their workers has put together something from off the shelf parts for walk in customers before. This particular gentleman is at a Corvette show and won't be back until late next week.

I have 27,000ish miles on my Z06 and have probably put 500-800 street miles on it in the last 2 years. I mostly Auto-X it and it gets trailered to events. I will start RRing again in the near future I hope, just depends on money and mods. Need different pads and tires from Auto-X to RR.

BTW, how long have you been in Chico? I lived there from '00-'03 and had my Z06 up there.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:29 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

I just installed a poly bushing kit from Pfadt on my C6Z and the kit included the poly bushing for the rear lower shock mount. Perhaps they will sell it separately.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:01 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Originally Posted by ghoffman
I just installed a poly bushing kit from Pfadt on my C6Z and the kit included the poly bushing for the rear lower shock mount. Perhaps they will sell it separately.
I just contacted Pfadt and they too have people at Corvettes at Carslile I guess... Supposed to hear back from their engineer tomorrow.

If I cannot buy the shock bushings seperately, then I will just buy a new full set and sell this VBP kit. Heck, I even put together the VBP poly bushing GP.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:41 AM
RossN
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Impressions of the Pfadt poly kit?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:42 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

I just recieved my poly lower rear shock mount kits from VBP. Very nice pieces with snap rings and such.

I believe they were $30 and VERY easy to install with a ball joint press. Well easy to remove the old bushings and press these in by hand.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Independent1
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

^^ When my brother and I visited Pfadt's tent at carlisle we saw the poly bushings for the rear shocks and he does sell them separately. I think they were around $50 - $60 for the pair.

Get notified of new replies

To Poly Shock Bushings (rear, LCA mounting point?)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poly Shock Bushings (rear, LCA mounting point?)