Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Donations for Joe Gaudette

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Donations for Joe Gaudette

I've done this on another board several times, been able to raise significant funds for aid to assist other members on HybridZ.org.

So, what I'm prossing is this...

I will match $10 on the $100 raised. All proceeds will go straight to Joe Gaudette or Phoenyx Race shop to fund the repair of his car. It will cost around $12000-15000 to fix this car...

Donations can be sent to JOE or you can send them to JOE thru my paypal address... dat74z@yahoo.com

Again, I'll match $10 on the $100 and we'll talley it here... At the end of the 30 day "fund raiser" I'll talley it here, and hand Joe the money personally...

Joe Gaudette deserves to be out there running next year, and what happened to him was wrong beyond belief. Let's help get him back on track!!!

Mike Kelly
Old 08-24-2007, 08:43 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second the motion. I will be seeing Joe and will contribute to his repair fund.

Frank Gonzalez
Old 08-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

To set the tone, $110 has been donated by... Me.

Mike
Old 08-24-2007, 11:06 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Mike,

Has Phoenix given Joe an estimate on how much to fix the car?
Old 08-25-2007, 12:40 AM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
Mike,

Has Phoenix given Joe an estimate on how much to fix the car?
I believe Phoenix will be looking at the car next week. It is there now, but still in Joe's trailer.

Frank Gonzalez
Old 08-25-2007, 07:02 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

I hate having a balance in my Paypal account ...it's on the way Joe. Good luck to you bud!!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Well I expect to hand Joe $1000 of my own money anyway, So I was hoping to motivate others to help us get him back up and running...

Couple you guys tried to send PMs to me, and my box was full... I've purged it, so send me your PMs...

Mike
Old 08-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Chris, Got your donation...

Folks we're up to $220.

Mike
Old 08-25-2007, 06:39 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, Dave, Frank, Chris, everyone......

Man, I don't even know what to say! :o I am fortunate enough to actually race like I have dreamed, and although this wreck has put a damper on things ( the Mid Ohio incident makes mine seem trivial, god bless all involved with that ) every person who has offered support just makes us want to race that much more. I've never asked for this kind of support, never thought my efforts would cause such a buzz. Guys, I don't even know what to say..........

Joe
Old 08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
racerbob4
Instructor

Joe is a great guy and is turing into a very competitive driver even though he is on a very tight budget. I hope some of the deep pockets guys can find it in themselves to step up and get Joe back on the track. I saw the car after the accident and it has extensive damage on three corners. There is body work damage of course, but a fair amount of suspension damage as well. The car isn't quite a total but fixing is going to be very expensive. Sadly, Joe needed a good finish to make the runoffs, but maybe next year. If he comes out to Topeka to spectate we would love to have him and his wife help with our effort.
Bob Hines
Old 08-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Geoff17
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Well I expect to hand Joe $1000 of my own money anyway, So I was hoping to motivate others to help us get him back up and running...

Couple you guys tried to send PMs to me, and my box was full... I've purged it, so send me your PMs...

Mike
PM sent, as promised, Joe get that car back, Mike, great job organizing this.

Geoff
Old 08-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Mikelly, you idea is a great one. I had the same thought, but some people like you are better at taking action.

While my immediate offer here in this post does not preclude a donation, because I will be making one in cash, are parts OK, too?

If so, where can I send them?

I am in the process of changing out all of my A-arms and bushings. Mine are actually fine, but I wanted to freshen and tighten the car before the run-offs, hence mine are being replaced. I figure a substantial amount of the damage on the car is the suspension, so this donation could be equivalent to over $600 in parts new. I am also changing out my tie-rod ends. They are in good shape as well and amount to $150 in hard cash new.

Please advise....

Old 08-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Absolutely guys... Let's get a list of parts together that can be donated and we'll try to work out getting them up to Phoenyx. The guy who bought my Corvette has some of my spares, and he's donating the suspension uprights that were left over... I know of at least two that were new in the box... So he'll have two new suspension uprights with ball joints in them...

JOE, You need to get with Phoenyx and get us a list together... I know a number of you guys have already contacted me with questions about where to send money...

You can PAYPAL me at dat74z@yahoo.com Don't worry about the 3% fee, as I'll correct whatever is lost in the trasfer...

Make checks payable to Joe Gaudette... Please DON'T send them to JOE... I need to put my MATCH in before we send along the funds to Joe.

Every dime will go straight to the cause of getting Joe back up and running soonest.

Total to date is $770.00 with my contribution and match,

Geof's Contribution
Chris' Contribution

You guys rock, and thanks for donating.
I will cross-post this in the Regional Forum, since a number of folks who know Joe there do not come into the RR forum...
Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 09-09-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:29 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

I will be replacing some parts for Joe as well, but they will probably be sent to Phoenix's shop. I want to totally inspect his Hardbar seat rails and fasteners and replace them after a hit like that.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Cross-posted for the locals here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1561659506

Parts are what it's about in the end, right? Ghoffman, Good on YA!

Mike
Old 08-26-2007, 11:48 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I know that I have some parts that could used, once a parts list is put together I will see what I can donate! Let me know how I can help!

Joel
Old 08-26-2007, 04:08 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike I think its great whats going on for Joe, I will send over something. Every little bit will help
Nando

Get notified of new replies

To Donations for Joe Gaudette

Old 08-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Thanks much Nando!

Also OBXFUNN has offered up a good hood and front bumper... Joe, Let Phoenyx know and get me an address for them so they can be sent to them!

Mike
Old 08-26-2007, 10:49 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Joe rode with me at CMP last year with the NCM event. I figure he can use a $200 tip about right now. Considering the instruction in HPDE's is some of the best in the world, I am only too glad to loosen up the purse strings a little. Good luck, Joe, with the rebuild. I'll get in touch with you on Monday to also order oil for the diesel tow vehicle.....
Old 08-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Robert@Advanced Dyno
Melting Slicks

If there are any parts needed to get his car back together let me know! I usually have a C5 drivetrain laying around the shop in parts

Quick Reply: Donations for Joe Gaudette