Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TrackDaze HPDE @ Summit Point

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 04:27 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TrackDaze HPDE @ Summit Point

Where are all the Corvette's? I signed up today for the HPDE @ Summit Point on 10/6 & 10/7. So far I'm the only Corvette there. I need some company. Sign up at www.TrackDaze.com it's $325 for the two days. Lots of Driving fun.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Petit Le Mans (ALMS)

Old 08-26-2007, 06:03 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

its the Shenandoah Circuit, im waiting till 10/12 for the mqain circuit
Old 08-26-2007, 06:23 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PA Z06
This will be my first run at Summit Point. Not familar with mqain circuit, what's that? On the Summit Point web site all I saw was Shenandoah, Jefferson and Summit Point Circuits.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:53 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by USA1C5
This will be my first run at Summit Point. Not familar with mqain circuit, what's that? On the Summit Point web site all I saw was Shenandoah, Jefferson and Summit Point Circuits.
The Summit Point is the main course. Shenandoah is a very short course as the Jefferson. Ran the Shenandoah once in the One Lap, was not impress with it.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:03 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Where are all the Corvette's? I signed up today for the HPDE @ Summit Point on 10/6 & 10/7. So far I'm the only Corvette there. I need some company. Sign up at www.TrackDaze.com it's $325 for the two days. Lots of Driving fun.
Rudy,
I'm running Roebling the week-end prior; will see if I can include Summit Point on my schedule. Of course, you can single handedly defend the honor of the bow tie machine very well!
Art
Old 08-26-2007, 08:10 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by V8 Juice
Rudy,
I'm running Roebling the week-end prior; will see if I can include Summit Point on my schedule. Of course, you can single handedly defend the honor of the bow tie machine very well!
Art
I hope so, I will try to. It would be nice to have some backup however.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:12 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Rudy,
Art
You and Ron should shoot for Road America in October :-) The Shenandoah Circuit is okay if you are in a short wheel base car. Its not a friendly track for novices in my opinion. It can be very hard on one's suspension through the carrousel.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:12 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rudyarias
The Summit Point is the main course. Shenandoah is a very short course as the Jefferson. Ran the Shenandoah once in the One Lap, was not impress with it.
Yes, my favorite so far is VIR full course, I will try to do it again in November. Got room to open it up there.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:20 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Rudy,
Art
I'm at VIR instructing this Thursday & Friday
Old 08-26-2007, 08:39 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PA Z06
Yes. I wish I had called earlier, the 10/12 FATT just filled when I called. I waitlisted but supposedly they don't ever have many no-shows.

I went with NASA for 10/13 instead. Just a quick practice on the Main track to see if I have improved practicing on the street.

I agree about Shenandoah--not my cup of tea from reading here. I only want Summit Main or maybe Jefferson if the price is right.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:05 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, it is relatively short circuit, but still over two miles long. To be well rounded driver it's best to drive on all courses, even the ones we may not like. Still a lot of slots open.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:11 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rudyarias
I'm at VIR instructing this Thursday & Friday
The Corvette group that was at Road Atlanta will be at VIR with CHIN Nov 4 and 5 (Sun/Mon)...still some open slots if you can join us. I do hope to run Summit first chance I get.
Art
Old 09-09-2007, 08:33 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Still need more Corvette's for the TrackDaze HPDE 10/6 & 10/7 @ Summit Points 2.2 mile Shenandoah Circuit. Just one month away.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Akcelr8 N VA
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still need more Corvette's for the TrackDaze HPDE 10/6 & 10/7 @ Summit Points 2.2 mile Shenandoah Circuit. Just one month away.
The "Corvette Hill" gang will be instructing there. Come by Jack's trailer (the white one with the Corvette logo and go karts painted on the side) and introduce your self. See you there!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:31 AM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Akcelr8 N VA
The "Corvette Hill" gang will be instructing there. Come by Jack's trailer (the white one with the Corvette logo and go karts painted on the side) and introduce your self. See you there!
Sounds Good, I will be there.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:50 AM
JiminVirginia
Pro

Default Shenandoah

I regret that I can't do this event as I can't do both days.

But I have to comment on Shenandoah, which is my favorite of the three SP tracks. It's tight and technical, but it's also enormously satisfying when you get it right. This circuit demands a level of precision in car placement you don't always encounter in HPDEs. For that reason, it's a great opportunity to refine driving skills. A Z06 or any Corvette is well suited to it.

Go for it.

Get notified of new replies

To TrackDaze HPDE @ Summit Point

Old 09-11-2007, 10:32 AM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by JiminVirginia
But I have to comment on Shenandoah, which is my favorite of the three SP tracks. It's tight and technical, but it's also enormously satisfying when you get it right. This circuit demands a level of precision in car placement you don't always encounter in HPDEs. For that reason, it's a great opportunity to refine driving skills. A Z06 or any Corvette is well suited to it.
Go for it.
I had a day on an abbreviated Shenandoah (north end with Carousel) ... as the DC Morgan Club didn't want to use that end ... and sub-let it to the Vette guys ...
Carousel will wear down your rubber dams in front ... but they're wear items ...
I want to run the whole course ... for the reasons given in the quote above ...
Old 09-14-2007, 07:40 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Got a question for anyone that has driven Shenandoah Circuit at Summit Point. I have never driven Shenandoah Circuit and was curious to what gears are used on this tight circuit. I drove VIR's 3.27 mile full course and only used 3rd and 4th gear shifting 6 times per lap. This was in a C6 Z06. It looks like, by just looking at a circuit map you could get into 4th gear twice a lap, on the two straights. Appreciate any input on this.

Last edited by USA1C5; 09-15-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:06 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Akcelr8 N VA
The gangs' all here!
I'm going to instruct for this one. I can't make the Mazda event later in October, so this is a good opportunity to drive Shenandoah. I expect the weather to be better earlier in the fall, anyways.

Don't worry about any hype about this course not being good for Corvettes. You might feel slow for the first session or 2, but you can really develop skills that will help you at other tracks. Horsepower still rules.

Quick Reply: TrackDaze HPDE @ Summit Point