Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another brake question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 02:53 PM
cj68
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Yet another brake question

I am getting ready to order and install C6 Z06 brake ducts (and some sort of spindle ducts) on my C5 Z06 and was interested in hearing thoughts on the need for SS pistons, lines, and shims. Do most people run with the stock set up, just adding high temp fluid, ducts, and race pads?

cj
Old 08-28-2007, 05:51 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lines are an excellent choice and of course fresh fluid and good pads. I doubt you'll see any benefit from the other options - save your money for more seat time!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

with my friend Chris. I would recommend you get a good tire pressure gauge as well, you will need it.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 AM
cj68
Pro

Originally Posted by ghoffman
with my friend Chris. I would recommend you get a good tire pressure gauge as well, you will need it.

Got one and I use it after every run. I also flush my fluid with ATE before every event. Thanks for the input and I am just going with the ducts, lines, and Carbotechs.

What lines work the best on a C5? I am looking at the Goodridge and the ones DRM sells (are they Goodridge as well?).

cj
Old 08-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I have the Goodridge lines that DRM sells w/ AN fittings, they're great. The rears are pretty long though. I had to angle the fitting back to make them clear my tires at full droop. Stoptech also makes a great line.

The Goodrige lines I got from VB&P a few years back were the exact same length as oem and the rear lines would pull very very tight in the rear when the car was in the air. DRMs are custom made to be longer. However, I'm not sure why they made them 4" longer when they just needed anothe inch or two.

Get notified of new replies

To Yet another brake question

Quick Reply: Yet another brake question