Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brakes, pads, life??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 09:24 PM
American Power
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brakes, pads, life??

I have 3 HPDE's on the RB 2 piece slotted rotors on my C6Z06. I installed them with Hawk DTC70's up front and 60's in the rear. I had to change the front pads 1/2 way through my last track day. So that's 10 20 minute sessions. I also noticed the small stress cracks that are normal but the slots are almost wore down to where they are smooth with the rotors.

How many more track days can I expect from these rotors?

500.00 for replacing rings and 250.00 for pads every 4-5 HPDE's seems excessive?? Or is it me??
Old 09-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

I will be putting the 1st real event on my RB 2-p rotors this week end @ Road America with the RB ET-900 pads. The 1st outing for this setup got washed out @ the Autobahn CC in June. I did get about 5 laps of 7/10's driving on them and was concerned about the wear.

The rotors wore about 1mm and the pads 2mm in just 5 laps. The rotors were slightly grooved.

I was testing the ET-900's so I think they are pretty agressive. It looks like RB developed some 800's & 900's after I fried a set of ET-700's at RA in the spring. The 700's were virtually gone in less than a session and a half.

The 2-P set up looks great and are very light compared to stock but it looks like they wear quickly. If they get thinner than 30mm then they are toast.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Z11409
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We get 2-4 days with aftermarket padlets.(fronts)

3-6 days on rotors.

About a third of the beloved brake pins are shot with every padlet change.

When changing either OEM or aftermarket rotos make sure none of the pin ends rub against the rotor.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:11 AM
American Power
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z11409
We get 2-4 days with aftermarket padlets.(fronts)

3-6 days on rotors.

About a third of the beloved brake pins are shot with every padlet change.

When changing either OEM or aftermarket rotos make sure none of the pin ends rub against the rotor.
what kind of pads annd rotors?

The bolts by RB have been trouble free.

The pad and rotor combo have been great, just wear too quickly.

My friend has AP Racing brakes on his C5Z and he gets a whole summer out of pads and 1 1/2 summers out of rotors. His set up is very pricey. Like 10K.

maybe I'll just shell out a few extra bucks a season. and keep the set up I have.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:33 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Pads, rotors and brake fluid are consumables. I get a max of 5 days out of Carbotech pads and 6-8 days max out of a set of rotors depending on what track I'm running. Your life sounds about right.

Get notified of new replies

To Brakes, pads, life??

Quick Reply: Brakes, pads, life??