Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pic from this weekends autox with the new car

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pic from this weekends autox with the new car

I am really going to enjoy this thing!! It's a big change coming from an 03 cobra. I can't wait to get it on track!!

Old 09-19-2007, 08:24 AM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

You coming out to the Mustang Club event this weekend? I think I chatted with you briefly about harnesses on Sunday - mine is the black Z (SS #59).

Anyway - welcome to the Z06 club! You'll love running that car, it's amazing how much it can do for a stock machine. ASP is a great class here in our little region - fast cars, fast drivers, and close competition.

Hope to see you out this weekend on the big track. I'm not driving - my wife is taking her first shot at the big track.

PS: Great pic!

Last edited by mikahb; 09-19-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Yep, they are a blast. I run with the local BMW group in the unlimited class. Vettes, 'Stangs, Evos, Subies, all in various forms of mod, I'm usually around 3rd or so in class.

Only problem I had with mine was an exhaust weld breaking on the OE intermediate pipe.

Enjoy your ride, and keep us up to date on your autox/track activities!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 09-19-2007, 09:25 AM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Nice 6 there you should definatly have some fun with it
Old 09-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Originally Posted by ZedOtSix
You coming out to the Mustang Club event this weekend? I think I chatted with you briefly about harnesses on Sunday - mine is the black Z (SS #59).

Anyway - welcome to the Z06 club! You'll love running that car, it's amazing how much it can do for a stock machine. ASP is a great class here in our little region - fast cars, fast drivers, and close competition.

Hope to see you out this weekend on the big track. I'm not driving - my wife is taking her first shot at the big track.

PS: Great pic!
No I wish I could. I have to work all weekend. My Dad was the one running the car this weekend in Nashville. I am selling the cobra and buying the vette from him. I was running the gray 03 cobra. I have been itching to make the move to a Z06 for a couple years now and he made me an offer I couldn't pass up! It was good to talk to you. I'm sure I will be bugging you from time to time at events if you don't mind. I doubt I will get a chance to track the car till next year. This semester has me pretty tied down and I am trying to pick up a few extra hours at work to make this car swap easier. I am planning on running at CMP with the SVT cobra club in March and again with them at VIR in July. I would love to run one of the Nashville evnts since they are so close. I will have to keep an eye out for when they are running.

ASP should be a fun class for sure. I am looking forward to it. It's going to take quite a bit of seat time to get used to the car but thats half the fun!!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Thanks guys. I am already planning track events for next year

Get notified of new replies

To pic from this weekends autox with the new car

Quick Reply: pic from this weekends autox with the new car