Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSI carries Bell, Pyrotech and Zamp Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 PM
0SMOKNC6Z06
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MSI carries Bell, Pyrotech and Zamp Helmets

In case some of you racers did not know, we carry Bell, Pyrotech, and Zamp helmets. How many of you have used your motorcycle helmets for auto racing events? There is a difference in the way the automotive and motorcycle helmets are designed. Basically the SA helmets are designed for multiple small impacts versus the M motorcycle helmets are designed for one impact.
Is your helmet outdated. Most tracks require a Snell SA2005 spec helmet. Some track will not allow the M (motorcycle) helmets to be used. What is your head worth? Feel free to call us and discuss your helmet requirements for the type of racing you will be doing.

Check out some of the models on our new website
http://www.motorsportimage.com/c-226-helmets.aspx

Ask for Mark, he is the helmet and road race guru.
Attached Images   
Old 09-21-2007, 07:10 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by SMOKNC6Z06
In case some of you racers did not know, we carry Bell, Pyrotech, and Zamp helmets. How many of you have used your motorcycle helmets for auto racing events? There is a difference in the way the automotive and motorcycle helmets are designed. Basically the SA helmets are designed for multiple small impacts versus the M motorcycle helmets are designed for one impact.
Is your helmet outdated. Most tracks require a Snell SA2005 spec helmet. Some track will not allow the M (motorcycle) helmets to be used. What is your head worth? Feel free to call us and discuss your helmet requirements for the type of racing you will be doing.

Check out some of the models on our new website
http://www.motorsportimage.com/c-226-helmets.aspx

Ask for Mark, he is the helmet and road race guru.
I know that you have them...............Because I bought one. Great deal and it gets used all the time.
See you soon for some brake pads Terry!
Old 09-22-2007, 05:35 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

I don't know anybody that allows M helmets anymore. Nice to know you carry them, will drop you a not in 10 years when mine expires
Old 09-22-2007, 05:55 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

SAs are Special Application, Nomex liner and Kevlar/ fiberglass shell. One impact on any helmet, or any crack in the shell and the helmet should really not be used.

M is Motorcycle, most car clubs will no longer accept any M rated Helmets for track / driving days.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:09 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who cares about multiple impacts, one impact you need to replace the helmet anyway. fire rating is a good thing though.

BTW I haven't had any problems with my M helmet here (bay area california).

Last edited by mousecatcher; 09-22-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:43 AM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are missing the point intended.

Of course, you should replace any helmet after an impact.

The point being missed is that a M rated helmet is designed and tested for one impact (durring one crash) i.e head smacking pavement.

Now a SA rated helmet is designed to survive multiple impacts (durring one crash) i.e. your head smacking roll cage, interior trim pieces, pavement, over and over until the car stops fliping over.

Then throw the helmet away.
The following users liked this post:
ShadyLady (05-30-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To MSI carries Bell, Pyrotech and Zamp Helmets

Quick Reply: MSI carries Bell, Pyrotech and Zamp Helmets