Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone from ATL going to Roebling Friday?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 12:33 PM
TransAmGT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone from ATL going to Roebling Friday?

I need to transport 4 wheels down to Roebling for this Friday...all I have is my Z and they will not fit inside...let me know if anyone has any extra room in a truck or car or anything....thanks!

I will gladly chip in some gas $ for the transport.

edit:

I'm going down Thursday night for the Seat Time event on Friday! Thanks!

Last edited by TransAmGT; 09-24-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
z06jones
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Tire traqnsport

pm send

Last edited by z06jones; 09-24-2007 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-24-2007, 04:07 PM
TransAmGT
Pro

Thanks for the offer...I should have made it a little more clear.

I'm going down Thursday night for the Seat Time event on Friday! Thanks!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

I am signed up for Seat-time and NASA but as of right now am unsure about my car. Otherwise, I could probably fit 3 more wheels on the trailer and 1 inside the tow vehicle.

I'd like to help but won't know until maybe Wednesday or Thursday and that's kind of hard to make plans around.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:01 PM
TransAmGT
Pro

Originally Posted by Z06cool
I am signed up for Seat-time and NASA but as of right now am unsure about my car. Otherwise, I could probably fit 3 more wheels on the trailer and 1 inside the tow vehicle.

I'd like to help but won't know until maybe Wednesday or Thursday and that's kind of hard to make plans around.

Let me know b/c my alternate plan is driving down on my track wheels/tires. If you will not know untill wednesday or thursday that is perfectly fine I can just bring them to you then. I'm heading out Thursday afternoon. Thanks a bunch!!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Originally Posted by TransAmGT
Let me know b/c my alternate plan is driving down on my track wheels/tires. If you will not know untill wednesday or thursday that is perfectly fine I can just bring them to you then. I'm heading out Thursday afternoon. Thanks a bunch!!!!!
I'll shoot you a PM once I know hopefully by Wednesday. I just didn't want you to count on me because I'm "unreliable" ... at least this time around.

If your track tires are RA-1s, I know of some folks driving it back and forth with no real wear problems (just keep it slow in the rain). Also depends on how aggressive your alignment is too.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:11 PM
TransAmGT
Pro

nah...my "track tires" are just stock F1's but they are good enough for 1 more track day and they will be shot...i just didn't want them to start chunking at Roebling then have to drive 280 miles back to ATL....just let me know...i appreciate it man!!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 AM
TransAmGT
Pro

anyone else? thanks!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want to take them to my house in cumming and then pick them up on monday or so, I can put them on my truck. I am rolling out thursday.

Tim
Old 09-26-2007, 01:57 PM
TransAmGT
Pro

Originally Posted by Timz06
If you want to take them to my house in cumming and then pick them up on monday or so, I can put them on my truck. I am rolling out thursday.

Tim
That sounds awesome! PMing you now!!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Originally Posted by Timz06

Tim
Thanks Tim. I had offered but only tentatively. I still haven't heard back yet about my car......
Old 09-26-2007, 02:56 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Tim. I had offered but only tentatively. I still haven't heard back yet about my car......
My Z06 is in "body shop purgatory" at the moment

the FRC motor is mounted in the car though
Old 09-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Originally Posted by varkwso
My Z06 is in "body shop purgatory" at the moment

the FRC motor is mounted in the car though
You're getting closer It would take me probably six months to try to figure it out myself and try to do that. It's gonna suck if I can't go.... 3 days worth of paid track time and hotel = $$$ down the drain.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:13 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

.... 3 days worth of paid ....hotel .....

So which hotel is the alternate "Mr. ZO6cool" staying in - I hope they have your card on file for room service.

Tim glad you could help a ATL bound car out...
Old 09-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

So which hotel is the alternate "Mr. ZO6cool" staying in - I hope they have your card on file for room service.
Pick the cheapest hotel within a 10 mile radius and you've probably got the right one Please go to each one and try your luck. You could win yourself 3 days free room with wireless and free breakfast

Latest word is two oil leaks. One at the dipstick grommet and another at the valve cover. I guess small enough not to be seen under "normal" driving. They're using some aluminum "putty" at the dipstick and a thicker grommet. Hope it holds but it still has to cure for 18 hours. I may be late, but if everything falls in place, I'll be there.

Last edited by Z06cool; 09-26-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pick the cheapest hotel within a 10 mile radius and you've probably got the right one Please go to each one and try your luck. You could win yourself 3 days free room with wireless and free breakfast

Latest word is two oil leaks. One at the dipstick grommet and another at the valve cover. I guess small enough not to be seen under "normal" driving. They're using some aluminum "putty" at the dipstick and a thicker grommet. Hope it holds but it still has to cure for 18 hours. I may be late, but if everything falls in place, I'll be there.
That doesn't sound like a big deal, you should be fine.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:37 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

I should see you on Friday then?

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone from ATL going to Roebling Friday?

Old 09-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

I should see you on Friday then?
You should. If you're still car-less, I'll have the wife draft up some paperwork so you can drive the beast.... She'll be with me for Seat-time.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:13 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

You should. If you're still car-less, I'll have the wife draft up some paperwork so you can drive the beast.... She'll be with me for Seat-time.
Just remember I will want a jury trial....looking forward to seeing her - you are just the burden we put up with to be blessed with her presence...

jeff
Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Z06cool
Drifting

Originally Posted by TransAmGT
Sorry about your fuel pump man and missing the event. Pretty decent Vette turn-out but could always run more. 3 days at a race track is always fun (especially when stuff is working for the most part)...

Quick Reply: Anyone from ATL going to Roebling Friday?