Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elkhart Lake Fish Fry & Tire mounting

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:52 PM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Elkhart Lake Fish Fry & Tire mounting

Odd combination, but...

I'm going to Road America for the Alfa Club event in two weeks. Is there a good local Friday night fish fry?

Along those same lines, how about a good supper club for Saturday night. The last few years we have tried Schwartz's in St. Anna, but the wait is always over an hour by the time we get there and we end up eating someplace else much later... I know, we could have waited instead of driving all around.

Finally, one of our group is a professional procrastinator and will probably be bringing tires that he will need mounted in Elkhart or Plymouth. Most places seem to close early on Saturday. Any suggestions besides the obvious.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Z06 Whisperer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man I feel bad no one answered your post....and I'm going to be absolutely no help (other then maybe to bring this thread to the top )

And I won't even confess to what my usual after the track shuts down activity is. (It's VERY boring )

And worse yet, I've never done an event with the Alfa Club. I looked on their site for info and I didn't see any mention of whether they are having a tire service at the track. And as far as in town goes...???

Very fortunately my poor cars have only had to make one unplanned tire fix and that was done by the Yokohama (Porsche) Driver's Cup support hauler at RA back in Aug--they very, very kindly did the work and only charged a 6 pack of beer (and that was after I made 'em take something)

I used the supplied tire support with PCA 3 day Milwaukee Cup at Autobahn last year and thought the pricing/service was decent (and if you order ahead they'll have the tires you need there with them).

Okay, I've talked enough--maybe you'll get a real response next
Old 09-26-2007, 07:58 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Talk to Joel @ Corvette sports. He is from the area and would know where the fish is at. I think he has a tire machine too. 96collectorsport is his screen name

Randy
Old 09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Z06 Whisperer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Talk to Joel @ Corvette sports. He is from the area and would know where the fish is at. I think he has a tire machine too. 96collectorsport is his screen name

Randy
HA HA that's who I first thought of too. He's like a native Road American. But I didn't want to volunteer him (I know he'd be glad to help if he can though)--I think he might be pretty busy right now? and I don't want to get him mad at me
Old 09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

I feel better now.

Here fishy fishy....
Old 09-26-2007, 09:56 PM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

UstaB-

There are a ton of great places to eat in Elkhart! St. Anna is the best but you can't go on Fri or Sat night a little too crowded but if you get there early you can have some drinks and order some cheese curds!!

Besides St. Anna, you can go to Bruce's or Q's quarters which has a new name. It is funny, I have been going to RA for 30 years and still can't remember all the places to eat!! I would def try Bruce's, it is pretty good.

I would call Joel too, great guy and is always up there.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:42 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Usta,

I will be out at the track on Saturday, but I don't have any mounting and balancing equipment at the shop. I will be around a Blue 02 Z06 (plate ZO6 ZOOM), a 03 Silver Z06 (#777) and a Black 01 Z06 (#29). You will probably see Todd's black trailer with Corvette Racing on the side, he will have the Silver #777 car.

For tire mounting you would have to go to Wal-mart (920) 892-2746 or Fleet Farm (920) 893-5115, also there is a place up Hwy 57 called Perfect Circle Tire, (920) 528-7277 but I'm not sure what there Sat. hours are.

Fish fry's your best bet would be Bruces like Brian said, it's on your way to Schwartz's on Cty Rd A, just outside of Elkhart on your left hand side. It looks like a hall but they have a good fish fry. Otherwise there is 3 guys and a Grill at the Sheboygan Marsh. (Also on A on your way to Schwartz's. Last would be the Paddock club, it's a little more pricey but the food is great. That is right in Elkhart next to Lake Street Cafe which isn't bad either. Typically we try to hit Sal's Elkhart Inn at least one day, there food is great and they always squeeze us in no matter how many people we have.

Let me know if you guys need anything our shop is only 15 miles from the track.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:27 PM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
Usta,

I will be out at the track on Saturday, but I don't have any mounting and balancing equipment at the shop. I will be around a Blue 02 Z06 (plate ZO6 ZOOM), a 03 Silver Z06 (#777) and a Black 01 Z06 (#29). You will probably see Todd's black trailer with Corvette Racing on the side, he will have the Silver #777 car.

For tire mounting you would have to go to Wal-mart (920) 892-2746 or Fleet Farm (920) 893-5115, also there is a place up Hwy 57 called Perfect Circle Tire, (920) 528-7277 but I'm not sure what there Sat. hours are.

Fish fry's your best bet would be Bruces like Brian said, it's on your way to Schwartz's on Cty Rd A, just outside of Elkhart on your left hand side. It looks like a hall but they have a good fish fry. Otherwise there is 3 guys and a Grill at the Sheboygan Marsh. (Also on A on your way to Schwartz's. Last would be the Paddock club, it's a little more pricey but the food is great. That is right in Elkhart next to Lake Street Cafe which isn't bad either. Typically we try to hit Sal's Elkhart Inn at least one day, there food is great and they always squeeze us in no matter how many people we have.

Let me know if you guys need anything our shop is only 15 miles from the track.
Got your PM.

Thanks for the good information. It's alway good to have a local opinion on where to eat.

Our immediate group will be 56 Blue Z06, 30 Black Z06 & 114 Red Mitsu 3000 GT.

See you there!

Get notified of new replies

To Elkhart Lake Fish Fry & Tire mounting

Quick Reply: Elkhart Lake Fish Fry & Tire mounting