Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A stock C4 Spring question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 PM
yoitsmatt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A stock C4 Spring question?

Would it be legal by SCCA rules to use Z51 springs and sways on a non Z51 car? as far as I've been able to determine at this point Z51 was springs, sways, shocks and bushings on a 96 LT4 car. Shocks, and front sway bar are open and replacement bushings are legal, so does anyone know if converting to Z51 would be legal? More involved than I'm guessing? lots of convertable and auto trans cars have this package , just harder to find one with a 6 speed.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

In a word, yes...

You are supposed to put ALL the Z51 pieces on at the same time, but the bushings are only supplied with the control arms, and the only replacement arms are the softer ones, so those are legal for all suspensions, although you would rather have the Z bushings anyway... You cannot install bushings that are harder than the bushings that came with the Z package, but since they don't exist, you are stuck with the softer ones...
Old 10-02-2007, 08:44 AM
astock165
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are looking for Z51 springs look up member indianavette. I just bought some Z51 springs from him for what I thought was a very fair price. Got the springs and they were in good condition.

Head over to the C4 parts section.

Get notified of new replies

To A stock C4 Spring question?

Quick Reply: A stock C4 Spring question?