Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Atlanta Petit Le Mans World challenge LG Motorsports race report

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:42 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default Road Atlanta Petit Le Mans World challenge LG Motorsports race report

Hi guys,

We are here at the Atlanta Petit Le Mans race week for our World Challenge race.

Practice has gone well. Here is the story posted in the WC web site.

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=765

We qualify today at 1:25pm and we are hoping that the rain stays away.

On Tuesday practice I dodged a bullet when I touched the curb on the inside of turn 12 too much and spun along the pit straight, missing the wall by inches.

So if that is any indicator of our luck this week then we should have a great weekend.

My Buddy Ron Fellows said, "I want your engine!"

We made some changes to the front downforce and had to add a round of rear wing to the car so the front change is working.

The top 5 cars are so close it is just for bragging rights that we were the fastest car. stay tuned for more info after qualifying.

My car is hitting 164mph at the braking point for turn 10 and our Holinger sequential gear box is working great. Our lap time on the newly paved track is a 1:26.00 which is under the track record. And SCCA just added 100 pounds to all the cars for this race.

I will have a video up early next week.

Thanks guys, and stop by if you are at the race for a free poster.

see you at the races.

Lou G

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 10-04-2007, 07:58 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports

So if that is any indicator of our luck this week then we should have a great weekend.

Sure Ron. No problem. I will let you have it after the race.

My car is hitting 164mph at the braking point for turn 10 and our Holinger sequential gear box is working great. Our lap time on the newly paved track is a 1:26.00 which is under the track record.

And SCCA just added 100 pounds to all the cars for this race.
Ahhh Yes count on the Stupid Car Crap Arzholes to help things along. What dont they want you guys to qualify faster then the GT2 cars? Your not racing toegther. Go figure

Go Get um Lou

Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good Luck!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:20 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GO get 'um Lou.......Turn that great practice lap into a "pole" today.....If you are not going to run WCGT any longer, you need to go out with a BANG. Not the kind of BANG that hurts though....Good to hear that you had some racing luck by not slapping the wall on the pit straight when you spun.....Racing does involve some luck, hopefully yours continues. I bet you had a whole buch of your seat clinched in your cheeks during that spin, I would have.

Corvette on the pole today ,Lou....and not a red and white one. Good luck, have fun and for Christs sake be careful....

I'll try to see you guys when I fly over in the "silver bird" later this afternoon.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:29 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great to finally meet you yesterday Lou ! Good luck in qualifying this afternoon, hopefully it stays dry for you guys.

Aaron Quine
Kumho Tire (Motorsports)
# 21 2003 Z06 SCCA T1 Corvette
rasrboy@hotmail.com
330-573-4338 Cell
Old 10-04-2007, 11:25 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

Lou,

Thanks for the update, and go get 'em!

I won't be back in Atl until late November so can't stop by, but best way I can figure out to provide moral support is to keep saving up for a set of your LTs, hopefully for Christmas!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 10-04-2007, 11:28 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

More reading for us desk-bound track junkies:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/scca/40737/
Old 10-04-2007, 11:29 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Wow, I have hit 167 at brake point for 10a, now I need to shave about 9 seconds to get in the same lap times .
Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 AM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to RA a couple months ago. It was very, very fun to finally see the famous track. Only bad spot was the tires I brought were wrong, and I ended up running on street tires all weekend. Not a bad thing, and I passed more folks than passed me, but I sure did make some noise coming down that hill and turning into 12! Screaming tires as the car drifts all the way to trackout on the left edge. It's a bad place to spin, since the pit wall is right there, and there's limited runoff. Lou did indeed dodge a bullet. Looking forward to the video.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:54 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Great driving Lou

Now just keep the scrutineers away
(BTW that's a comment on THEM not you)
Old 10-04-2007, 12:58 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Wow, I have hit 167 at brake point for 10a, now I need to shave about 9 seconds to get in the same lap times .
That is a good one.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports

Best of luck with the race.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Mc5er#16
Advanced

Lou,
How come your 7 tenths slower than practice? You just trying to give them a chance?
Had hoped to get down there and see ya'll but it did'nt work out. Maybe someday I'll get to come back and play!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:54 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric Curran and LG have been moved to the back of the grid (start pos 26th and 26th) for "technical non-compliance"

http://www.world-challenge.com/event...lts.php?ID=541
Old 10-04-2007, 05:29 PM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Friend of mine was there as the cars rolled through tech. According to him, both Curran and LG failed to meet the minimum ride height. And if I further understood him correctly, the rear portion of the exhaust on both cars was what was dangling too low.

I'm sure Lou will, in trademark fashion, describe to us exactly what really happened when he has the time!

Something tells me an angry Lou means bad things for the cars in front of him

Jeff

PS Lou announced a 2-car Corvette effort in ALMS GT2 for 2008.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:25 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

That is frick'n BS. and the exhaust on both cars are right side exit. More BS.

Sound more like 'the powers that be' really REALLY dont want corvette to win.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by boerio
Friend of mine was there as the cars rolled through tech. According to him, both Curran and LG failed to meet the minimum ride height. And if I further understood him correctly, the rear portion of the exhaust on both cars was what was dangling too low.

I'm sure Lou will, in trademark fashion, describe to us exactly what really happened when he has the time!

Something tells me an angry Lou means bad things for the cars in front of him

Jeff

PS Lou announced a 2-car Corvette effort in ALMS GT2 for 2008.

Hi guys,

Maybe this is my trademark fasion or not but what I will say is "Stupid is as Stupid Does".

The first sign that they wanted to toy with our LG Corvette was when they took the top 7 cars in to tech including 2 Corvettes instead of the usual top 5. I was 7th, can you imagine that?

Then when Eric curran's car went through, the ride height bar went through but rubbed on his front undertray. Eric had crashed in practice and he had some repair material that was not sanded flush and the bar rubbed on the repaired area.

Curran's car also rubbed on the right side Rocker pannel ground effect part. It was about 1/4" low but I would say that it was possibly from his accident also.

Then they put curran's car off to the side, not making a decision yet until they checked my car out.

I told Eric that if nothing rubbed on my car, then he would be ok and let go. But if anything at all rubbed on my car then he was going to be collateral damage and get tossed because they could not throw me out and let him go for the same reason.

well my front splitter passed easily. and when they passed the ride height bar under my car, one of the exhaust pipes that we section with a slip fit collector had slipped down 1/8" and the bar rubbed it.
had they just pushed the bar through, it would have pushed the slip fit back together and the car would have passed. But there was no chance of that.

The reason we were in tech at all was to be combed over with a fine tooth comb. And the comb stuck on one slip fit exhaust pipe.

To fix it, we tapped it up with a leather hammer and tightened up the tab that holds the parts together.

There was never any chance that they were going to be reasonable. We didn't expect that they would do anything other than what they have been doing.

By the letter of the rule, the part was below the 3" minimum but they also have a rule that if the part is low due to some didtress like a crash or "part falling off" then they will make exceptions. But not this time.

SO Hold on tight for tomorrow's race. We will have our work cut out for us and they typically will not throw a yellow to let us catch up. We will see. If it rains we are not going to start the race. I have buyers for the cars and we do not want to mess things up

THat is why we are leaving the series for bigger and better things.

So Tomorrow at 11:30 we will be in a press conference along with the ALMS series and we will announce our plans for 08

Oh, did I say that there is NO scca in our plans

Stay tuned.

Lou Gigliotti
LGM

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 10-04-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Road Atlanta Petit Le Mans World challenge LG Motorsports race report

Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Tom03Z06
Racer

Good luck Lou, already looking forward to next year.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 PM
HORNDAWG
Instructor

Well Lou, sorry to hear about the same old ----. But in the same breath I would have to admit that I am also glad in a selfish way. As I really wish to see you move up to the ALMS. Good Luck tomorrow in the race!!

L.P.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Here is a picture of Lou telling the story of how the SCCA sucks.

Quick Reply: Road Atlanta Petit Le Mans World challenge LG Motorsports race report