Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Default Racing Seats

For those of you that have done it, what do you recommend? I want to save a lot of weight over my 01 Z seats. Is that possible?
Old 10-06-2007, 02:45 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

You'll save a lot of weight with almost any fixed back seat you pick whether you put them on sliders or fixed mounts. Not quite as much with the seats that have the movable backs. Recommendation??? I think that may be like "what cam is best". I run Corbeau F1 and F1 Pro,
my budddy runs an Ultrashield, I originally wanted Sparco Fighters, and I've liked the Kirkeys, Momos, and Racetechs that I've sat in. Get one that fits and you'll enjoy the track even more than you do now.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:59 AM
GO_BLUE_VETTES
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I've got a Cobra Suzuka GT (love it). Very comfortable, kevlar is lighter than fiberglass. Carbon fiber is lightest of all but $$$.

Best bet is to sit in a bunch of seats, the Suzuka has higher thigh bolsters than an Evo.

Get the Hardbar seat mount, don't mess around with a slider.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:18 AM
vette.se
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
For those of you that have done it, what do you recommend? I want to save a lot of weight over my 01 Z seats. Is that possible?
I've been using the Recaro Pro Racer seat about 4-years now, I like the extra side and head protection/support. This seat is 22lbs glassfiber and 10lbs carbonfiber. I have aluminum seat rails (fixed mount) - total weight seat + rails is 26lbs(glassfiber). I do not know about stock seat weight.

http://www.recaro.com/fileadmin/pdf/...0207_klein.pdf
Old 10-07-2007, 12:20 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by GO_BLUE_VETTES
I've got a Cobra Suzuka GT (love it). Very comfortable, kevlar is lighter than fiberglass. Carbon fiber is lightest of all but $$$.

Best bet is to sit in a bunch of seats, the Suzuka has higher thigh bolsters than an Evo.

Get the Hardbar seat mount, don't mess around with a slider.

As far as weight?!? Most of us carry more excess weight around our belt line than we will ever save in parts . Buy a seat that fits (your backside), mount it correctly (for safety) and enjoy!

I have the same Cobra seat in my car. Cost just under $1K by the time it was in; Seat, seat brackets to hang onto the seat, brackets to mount the seat brackets to the floor and new mounting points for the lap belts.

Being able to keep my A$$ in the seat during a high speed 1+G turn.....Priceless
Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Ultrashield Pro Road Race here w/ Hardbar aluminum seat rails. I'm 6'4" 250 and this is the first seat that truly fits me properly that fits in the car. I got hte 17" seat and it JUST fits between the tunnel and seat belt retractor w/ everything in place. If your carpet was gone you'd hvae more room and the C6 doesn't have the retractor on the floor like a C5.

Some pictures:

Get notified of new replies

To Racing Seats

Quick Reply: Racing Seats