Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spec stage 2 clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default spec stage 2 clutch

Anyone running this setup? I am looking for a very streetable setup to be used for DD,HPDE's and autox. Seems like this would be the ideal clutch. Says it holds 530TQ. Should be perfect for an LS6 car. The most I am ever looking to make out of this car would be 450rwhp. Thats also way way down the road. Right now I just need something that will hold up to OT abuse. Thanks guys.

P.S. I am not looking to spend $800+ on a clutch kit. The spec at $389 sounds pretty tempting.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:18 PM
jpobrien
Instructor

I just put a Spec Stage 3 clutch and aluminum flywheel in my C4 LT1 (rebuilt as a 383) last Saturday. It seems to be pretty streetable, although it is not yet broken in. I'm going to Mid-Ohio on Thursday, and I'll know more after that.

I don't know much about the C5s, but does it use a dual mass flywheel as the C4 did? The solid, much lighter flywheel does add some noise when in neutral, but that doesn't really bother me.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:42 PM
E.O.D.
Pro

I've got a Spec II with an aluminum flywheel.

I get the "marbles in a can" sound in neutral at idle. Not really much "above and beyond" what others get from a stock set up sometimes, but its noticeable.

I let my car idle till its at operating temp before driving (first thing in the morning and if its sat for an hour or better). Sometimes on the first engage of the day I'll get a little noise, but its usually only that one time, and for only about a quarter of a second...if that. I think one time last winter I got the same noise at the next stop sign when I went to take off...but no times other than that.

I love mine.

The pedal is stiffer than stock. But I like it that way. Kind of like my Hurst shifter..and how stiff it is. It lets me know I'm working the components in the car. Feedback, so to speak.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:27 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run the SPEC stage 2+ in my autocross car, and the 3 in my track car. Both are very streetable. If I ever have the autocross car apart again , I will go back in it with a SPEC 3. I also use the aluminum flywheel from SPEC and the special lightweight aluminum pressure plate. The SPEC 2+ has been in my autocross car for 4 years with NO issues.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Great info guys. There are alot of people on this board that hate the spec clutches. I just wanted to hear from some guys that really use their cars. I think I will go ahead with the stage 2 for now and upgrade down the road when I add some power.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:22 AM
racerwannabe
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
I run the SPEC stage 2+ in my autocross car, and the 3 in my track car. Both are very streetable. If I ever have the autocross car apart again , I will go back in it with a SPEC 3. I also use the aluminum flywheel from SPEC and the special lightweight aluminum pressure plate. The SPEC 2+ has been in my autocross car for 4 years with NO issues.
danny,
i'm finishing the install on a rps carbon carbon clutch tonight...know anything to tell me about what to expect?? dealer says better than sliced bread never wear out never slip..have you any expereance with one of these??
Johnny .... ps i have a spec that i will sell for 200.00 rebuilt by spec... cheaper than the 389.00!! i think it's a 3 ..... solid disc
Old 10-10-2007, 07:57 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by racerwannabe
danny,
i'm finishing the install on a rps carbon carbon clutch tonight...know anything to tell me about what to expect?? dealer says better than sliced bread never wear out never slip..have you any expereance with one of these??
Johnny .... ps i have a spec that i will sell for 200.00 rebuilt by spec... cheaper than the 389.00!! i think it's a 3 ..... solid disc
Johnny,
I did not think that you ever used the clutch

Get notified of new replies

To spec stage 2 clutch

Quick Reply: spec stage 2 clutch