Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Eddy34
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Numbers

I had magnetic numbers for my last autocross car. Now, I need a set for my Corvette. What does everybody use? Where did you get them? What did they cost you? Will they stay on at speed? Like most autocrossers I want to be able to take the numbers off once I get home from an event (or even before leaving the event).

All help greatly appreciated!

Bob B.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:08 PM
spankythegator
Advanced

sticky magnetic numbers Painters blue tape works but I just get some stickers made up at the local sign shop for ~12-16 bucks...they look great but are one use only.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:23 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

goole solotime, which I believe is now soloperformance.org ?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Avery Labels #3383 Sticker Project Paper 8 1/2"X11"
&
Micro Soft Word Art

Make your own and you can even add infill colors. They stay on at speed even in the rain. They come off easily and quickly with absolutely no residue to clean up. Tested at PIR and Thunderhill.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:00 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

RatGraphics is another one
Old 10-10-2007, 07:06 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

Go to Walmart and get white medium sticky shelf liner. Make patterns from Word. any size and style you want and cut them out with exacto knife. Takes about an hour and you can cut out 2 or 3 at a time. They work great and stay on at all speeds and all weather. I carry a full set and just replace them as needed. JD
Old 10-10-2007, 08:13 AM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.izoomgraphics.com/index.php?main_page=index

That is where I got mine. very nice and about $60 a door. You can take them on and off several times depending on how well you take care of them.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob,
I got mine at Solotime. You can google them and buy the reuseable kind. They don't come off at 140. :o)
Ed
Old 10-10-2007, 03:35 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by JDIllon
Go to Walmart and get white medium sticky shelf liner. Make patterns from Word. any size and style you want and cut them out with exacto knife. Takes about an hour and you can cut out 2 or 3 at a time. They work great and stay on at all speeds and all weather. I carry a full set and just replace them as needed. JD

That's what I do. Spend a couple of hours at the beginning of the season and I'm good to go for the year.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Eddy34
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joy of 6
Bob,
I got mine at Solotime. You can google them and buy the reuseable kind. They don't come off at 140. :o)
Ed
Thanks Ed! Just so I'm clear, did you get the static cling, or the reusable vinyl? There's a guy in the club that runs a sign shop and he's trying to get me to order static cling. I'm not sure they'll stay on if I do any track days.

Speaking of track days, what clubs do you run with at PIR? I'd like to come over and check things out the next time you are running. I've been class champ a couple of autocross seasons, but I've yet to do a HPDE.

Thanks,
Bob B.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddy34
Thanks Ed! Just so I'm clear, did you get the static cling, or the reusable vinyl? There's a guy in the club that runs a sign shop and he's trying to get me to order static cling. I'm not sure they'll stay on if I do any track days.

Speaking of track days, what clubs do you run with at PIR? I'd like to come over and check things out the next time you are running. I've been class champ a couple of autocross seasons, but I've yet to do a HPDE.

Thanks,
Bob B.
I have the reusable vinyl. Also have the static cling and that is ok for auto X but have to use tape on the leading edge to keep them from coming off. I can show you what I have if you would like to drop by after work? I am in the Lincoln area.

I instruct with the BMW, Porsche and Audi clubs. If you want, you can come along and ride for free.

Get notified of new replies

To Numbers

Quick Reply: Numbers