Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCCA Solo ASP Rules/Mods Questions

Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Fast_Toys
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SCCA Solo ASP Rules/Mods Questions

Hopefully some people can answer these questions for me as they related to a car in SCCA solo ASP class:

1. Can you run headers and aftermarket X pipe? (the rules talk about manifolds).

2. Can you run a ported throttle body? Can you do a coolant bypass mod on the throttle body as well?

3. Can you run a short throw shifter (rules talk about linkage so I think so).

4. Can you retune the computer (timing and fuel curves)? Assuming this can be done, are people raising the rev limiter to allow more MPH in a given gear? Can you replace valvesprings/retainers to make the valvetrain sturdier for high RPM use?

What other mods are people running on C5's to be competitve in ASP/

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:24 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes to all of the above , except valve springs and retainers.....long block must remain stock..
Old 10-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Mojave
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You can do anything with the intake, intake manifold, computer, injectors, exhaust, but everything inside the engine must be stock.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Fast_Toys
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Yes to all of the above , except valve springs and retainers.....long block must remain stock..
Per the backdate/model rule, could you run LS6 valvesprings an retainers since those were available in the Z06? Can I run the Z06 camshaft?

Or... does the engine have to be swapped as a whole?

Otherwise, what safe rev limit are people running the the stock LS1 valvesprings? I have an 01 Corvette.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:33 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast_Toys
Per the backdate/model rule, could you run LS6 valvesprings an retainers since those were available in the Z06? Can I run the Z06 camshaft?

Or... does the engine have to be swapped as a whole?

Otherwise, what safe rev limit are people running the the stock LS1 valvesprings? I have an 01 Corvette.

Thanks for all the help!
Engine swaps can be done within the same model, if it is on the same line in the rule book, but the motor most be complete. You can not mix and match parts.

Get notified of new replies

To SCCA Solo ASP Rules/Mods Questions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SCCA Solo ASP Rules/Mods Questions