Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roebling on 16 November?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 05:36 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Roebling on 16 November?

Who else is going to Roebling on 16 Nov with Seat-Time? There is some openings for instructors with Seat-Time.

I am pretty sure the Chin event following (17-18 Nov) it is sold out...due to other potential commitments I did not commit until they were full up

I was hoping to test my FRC Friday - but unless the dealer has a new MAP sensor (my gasket is shot) I cannot install the intake yet. It is always something at the last moment. All I have left to do is bleed the clutch, add coolant, install coilpacks and the dang intake - then it is ready to fire off (finally).

Last edited by varkwso; 11-11-2007 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Z06cool
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
Who else is going to Roebling on 16 Nov with Seat-Time? There is some openings for instructors with Seat-Time.

I am pretty sure the Chin event following (17-18 Nov) it is sold out...due to other potential commitments I did not commit until they were full up

I was hoping to test my FRC Friday - but unless the dealer has a new MAP sensor (my gasket is shot) I cannot install the intake yet. It is always something at the last moment. All I have left to do is bleed the clutch, add coolant, install coilpacks and the dang intake - then it is ready to fire off (finally).
Will believe it when I see it...

Good luck!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:50 AM
1lapRacer
Instructor

PM sent about some possible help with parts.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Kanmer
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

No wonder you won't be at VIR 11/17-11/19. Have fun at RRR. I might make it to that track eventually. Hope to see you guys again soon. And like Z06Cool said....

Bob
Old 11-11-2007, 12:28 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Z06cool
Will believe it when I see it...

Good luck!!!

I think the ZO6 is fully operational on Monday...do not have much brakes left but I am sure I have enough to whoop up on Tim...

I hauled the CRX to the Weber carb guy...

Will haul the Chevelle SS to the electrical guy...will need a tow truck or winch trailer to make that happen...

I am whittlin it down - that work thing is inconvenient...
Old 11-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think 505 hp and runflats will be plenty to get the job done over your outdated c5!

[QUOTE=varkwso;1562700934]I think the ZO6 is fully operational on Monday...do not have much brakes left but I am sure I have enough to whoop up on Tim...

QUOTE]
Old 11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Timz06
I think 505 hp and runflats will be plenty to get the job done over your outdated c5!
we will have to see...all I have to do is have enough distance exiting T8 to keep you at bay...( a few blockers may need to be employed....)

Old 11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

we will have to see...all I have to do is have enough distance exiting T8 to keep you at bay...( a few blockers may need to be employed....)

You pay my entry fee and I can block as good as a pulling guard for ya

Bob
Old 11-11-2007, 07:33 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kanmer
You pay my entry fee and I can block as good as a pulling guard for ya

Bob

I figure since Chin is there for the weekend there will be a few Miata's to serve as a rolling chicane (assuming Khoi is not going to be there...)
Old 11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

I figure since Chin is there for the weekend there will be a few Miata's to serve as a rolling chicane (assuming Khoi is not going to be there...)
Yup, and you can use Miata's for free...as long as the placement is right
Old 11-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The problem is that you will already have been passed before T8! But in the unlikely case that you are ahead, better have a BIG lead!

Old 11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

I'm sure you're referring to the sonic wave I produce blowing by them at 160mph (or 257km/hr if you sneak in and mess with my DIC again), thus clearing the way for you and then Tim to pass you easily once the chicane is removed. That has got to be what you're referring to...
Old 11-12-2007, 06:16 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Z06cool
I'm sure you're referring to the sonic wave I produce blowing by them at 160mph (or 257km/hr if you sneak in and mess with my DIC again), thus clearing the way for you and then Tim to pass you easily once the chicane is removed. That has got to be what you're referring to...

I rarely touch someone else's DIC - yours was a special emergency case ...honest...but I always check mine when someone else plays with it...

I am sure I could use your 514 rwhp when Tim gets antsy...

Really though I was counting on the flaggers to confuse you guys with blue flags as I am coming up (or been recently passed - whichever works out) ...
Old 11-12-2007, 10:00 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Jeff, you really need to stop letting work interfere with your extra curricular activities!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:45 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Ok stupid question, but what exactly is a "Seat Time" event?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:30 PM
1lapRacer
Instructor

[QUOTE=sperkins;1562713981]Ok stupid question, but what exactly is a "Seat Time" event?[/QUOTE

HPDE run out of Roebling Road Raceway, check the website at
http://www.seat-time.com
Old 11-12-2007, 05:39 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by southern_son
Jeff, you really need to stop letting work interfere with your extra curricular activities!
I had my annual review today - I feel like it was done by "the Dread Pirate Roberts"...so maybe one day I can concentrate on my core business....but until then I have bills to pay and kids to torment...

Get notified of new replies

To Roebling on 16 November?

Old 11-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

opps.. I made a post about this earlier since I didnt see this one... I'll be there!! DE of course.. (need to learn what i'm doin').

My adrenaline is already pumpin!! Hope to see ya'll there..
Old 11-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 1lapRacer
PM sent about some possible help with parts.

Keith ya comin'??? you're welcome to convoy with us up to the track!! we are leaving Thursday night.. Also, I can shuttle parts for you guys if you need it..
Old 11-13-2007, 01:51 PM
1lapRacer
Instructor

I will be there... leaving Thursday night and staying at the ramada at 95/80. A caravan may not work as I have to pick up my guest driver on the way!

The DE group will have your C4 and mine with a guest driver. Also at least one C6 Z06 in that group.

Quick Reply: Roebling on 16 November?