Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM/Spring Mountain Follup

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

Default NCM/Spring Mountain Follup

thought this deserved a fresh thread.

Had a great time, thanks in large part to Roc, John Spencer, and Tom Wallace for making this such a great event by making it a true GM event. With around 20 GM managers/engineers taking part, and 9 or so GM vehicles on site (plus Wallace's personal "spring mountain" car), it really felt like we were taking part in a GM corporate event.

Anyway, it was also great to have Steve from Stoptech their with technical info and their own track car (Steve's son is a blossoming driver), and also great to have Aaron and family from Pfadt on site showing their track and street cars, and all of their parts on display for everyone to see inside and out.

Again, this was a true "east meets west" event, and having the GM folks on hand to drive with, and share experience with, really made it a great event for me.

btw, here I am driving the one and only BLUE Ron Fellows addition Z06. This car was borrowed from the design studio, and they used it to test fit the original decals. Was an honor to drive and ride in it.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:48 AM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

David, the GM fleet was truly amazing. And for me the highlight was the
Jet Stream Blue '08 Z06 in addition to one of the newest SM track cars,
a JSB coupe. All the GM folks were very friendly and they sure have a
dream job when you can beat on a company Z06 all weekend. The cars
were out in 3 or 4 sessions in a row and stood up to the extra duty fine.

Meeting folks from all over the country was fun too. Hope to see some
folks come out to Nor. Calif. one of these years, we do have some nice
tracks.
Randy
Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Z Fast
Drifting

Location: Bend, Oregon Black / Ebony 2LZ 2006 Z06 C6Z06 owner since 2/7/2006
Received 110 Likes on 44 Posts

This is the first NCM HPDE I have been able to attend. The event was a class act. This was my first chance to meet Roc, and "Roc rocks". Great person. And it was nice to see so many from GM, including Tom Wallace.

My personal car was #22. It was my first time to Spring Mountain. Nice facility and fun track. Good design for teaching driving/racing techniques.

I had students in green & yellow. Both were great to work with. By the end of the day, my yellow student was bumped up to blue and signed off to solo, but still chose to have me ride along for more instruction. My green student easily quadrupled his track/driving skills through the weeknd. I took both students out in my Z several times and tried to scare the crap out of them, but they liked it and got faster on there next session.

My only regret is I hardly had any down time. I personally ran in all red and black groups in addition to going out with my 2 students. Although I met a bunch of great people, I would have like to met more. Heck, that's what the future events are for

I hope that NCM found the event succesful and will return to do more on the west coast(maybe even on the newly reconfigured/repaved Portland(PIR) track. And with all of the nice tracks in Northern CA, it would be good to have en event there. That would be a good distance compromise. Trailering my car 14 hours each way is not the most fun a person could have. Altough, I did get to drive through Death Valley on the way home.

East/West/North/South - I look forward to more NCM events in the future.

Tom

Last edited by Z Fast; 11-13-2007 at 02:43 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To NCM/Spring Mountain Follup

Quick Reply: NCM/Spring Mountain Follup