Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
MYVetteBy25
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default C6 alignment specs

I have a C6 w/Z51 springs, Koni FSD shocks and Pfadt street swaybars and stock sized GY F1 SC runflats. My car is strictly street driven (no autocross or road racing), but I figure you guys would know more about alignments so that's why I'm posting here. What specs would you guys recommend for me? I drive pretty agressively and the outside of my front tires is wearing much faster than the inside (this is with factory alignment of about -0.5 camber) so I'm thinking of increasing the negative camber to -1.0. I would like to have more grip and a little better steering response but not have the car feel too darty. I believe factory specs for toe are +0.10 in the front and 0.00 in the rear. What should I have the toe set at?

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:56 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your alignment settings are pretty good. -1 up front is a good start and a compromise both both street and track. Generally speaking, the vettes like a little toe out in front and a little bit in for the rear. Don't get too wrapped around the axle on .1 or .2. Just ensure it's out front and in rear and you'll be fine. The more toe you have, the more straight line speed you'll scrub off.

Having a hybrid car (street and track) is tough...it's a compromise. You've got to give up a little performance on both.

Quick Reply: C6 alignment specs