Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

steering wheel and adapter for C4

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
obelix
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering wheel and adapter for C4

Hi guys,

Would need your help. I would search for a nice and clean looking adapter and steering wheel setup for a C4 MY88. Should be a around 330 to 355. Sparco or Momo, or something else. I do not care what brand. I can not find any company, who is selling a adapter for a c4. I wanna keep the telescope function of the steering colum....

I will do Hill climping, next season and some little road races as some auto cross (kind off autocross) In my country auto cross is a little bit different......
But the org. steering wheel and the sitting position gives me trouble.
So somebody as infos about size and style of steering, which gave good results for you guys. My baby has the 12:1 steering box..so its allready hard enough....

thanks in advance

overseas corvette budy
Old 11-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

There was just a thread yesterday in C4 parts with two Momo wheels for sale plus the adapter.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine came with an adapter, but it placed the wheel too far in to the dash. I fabricated a spacer from a solid block of aluminum. Side view pic in my website.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:45 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a Sparco wheel on my car. I had trouble finding an "off the shelf" adapter to fit the Sparco bolt pattern and mate with the 'vette column, so I simply bought one that would fit the car and drilled new holes for the Sparco bolt pattern.

You can't see the mods to the adapter as it's obviously under the wheel. Find a wheel you like in your price range and pick any adapter - you can make it fit.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:41 PM
obelix
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am after it...we will see..the adapter and the new one is already gone...but the used one is still there...so we will see if it works out...

and where did you get the adapter from.....

I can not really find a adapter...I called in at ecklers and the typical places and the said that they took it out of the program...mhhh

The thing with making my own spacer would have been my plan....

What diamter you guys are using....

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
There was just a thread yesterday in C4 parts with two Momo wheels for sale plus the adapter.

Get notified of new replies

To steering wheel and adapter for C4

Quick Reply: steering wheel and adapter for C4