Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coming Soon Cryogenically Engineered Drilled Slotted Rotors & Hawk HPS Special 299.00

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:56 PM
BSIBRAKES
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming Soon Cryogenically Engineered Drilled Slotted Rotors & Hawk HPS Special 299.00

We are a new sponsor to this board we have chosen four of the largest to target at first.

corvetteforums
clublexus
ford-trucks
ls1tech

We are a manufacturer of edge sport disc brake rotors. A lot of you have seen deals in the past where a company will drill and slot rotors throw some zinc on them and mark them up to make a quick profit.

Our company is a little different we provide a quality manufactured up and coming name brand rotor direct cutting out the middle man. Our rotors are precision drilled from quality castings and then cryogenically engineered to increase the longevity to three and a half times that of a non treated rotor.

Our Cryo machine process is a 48 hour process much like the formula one racers use. Our deep freezing techniques are second to none and will save you money and headache.

We will be offering a limited 50 sets of rotors as a promo offer to all customers on this forum. We are going to build Rotors that stand out from the competition and will by far outlast traditional drilled and slotted product.

Please stay tuned for the special it will be here soon.

Brake Solutions International, LLC

Here is some info on what the cryo process does.

Cryogenic processing is not a plating or coating. It involves subjecting the material into extreme
cold up to minus 300 deg F. Properly done, this process takes several hours and involves numerous
steps to drop down to the desired temperature and bring it back to room temperature.
Cryogenic processing changes the crystal structure of the material which can enhance fatigue and
abrasion resistance of the material. Many racers use cryogenic processing on the block, cylinder
head, and moving components of their racing engines. Users of these treated engines report up to
4% increase in torque, as well as fewer component breakages. They also report better piston ring
sealing, higher peak combustion pressures, reduced piston galling, and component failures. Pistons
and cylinder heads on treated engines tolerate higher levels of detonation without failure.
Many racers use cryogenic processing on their brake rotors. Porsche, as an example, fits cryogenic
rotors for racing applications—specifically 12 and 24-hour endurance races. They discovered that
cryogenically treated rotors can last the entire race, saving valuable time during pit stops.
Police use of cryogenically processed brake rotors has been met with varied successes. Some
engineers will tell you, in theory, this process should not work on cast iron or plastic, but it does. In
brake rotor applications, cryogenic treatment reduces cracking, warping, and hot-spots. This
increases both pad and rotor life, and reduces brake fade.
While shorter stopping distances may be claimed, mostly this will be under conditions when the
brakes are fading. Reduce fade and you will see shorter stopping distances under extreme
conditions. Longer brake life translates to keeping the vehicle in service for longer periods of time,
and the lowering of maintenance costs.

some pics of the operation :chug:

Old 11-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Jim_Harrison
Racer

"cryogenically engineered to increase the longevity to three and a half times that of a non treated rotor."

Do you any data to back up this claim?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:00 PM
BSIBRAKES
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jim_Harrison
"cryogenically engineered to increase the longevity to three and a half times that of a non treated rotor."

this is by far a claim. this is a dyno proven fact.

we will post up documentation to prove this if need be we just have not had time to scan our documents.

Please give me a little time or you can google it and find test results on the web.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by BSIBRAKES
this is by far a claim. this is a dyno proven fact.

we will post up documentation to prove this if need be we just have not had time to scan our documents.

Please give me a little time or you can google it and find test results on the web.

Dyno proven? Are you putting a car on the dyno with the brakes on and running it for hours?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:10 PM
BSIBRAKES
Instructor

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
Dyno proven? Are you putting a car on the dyno with the brakes on and running it for hours?

No this is done on a brake dyno see here for details.

http://www.greeninginc.com/dual.htm

Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry to contradict a forum vender. We see Cryo rotors all the time at the track and they last less time then normal rotors. ie crack sooner.

Plus with my personal work with Liquid Nitrogen for over ten years, and knowing the penetrating and chilling effects of Liquid Nitrogen and not being able to find substantiated UNBIAS, Per Review Engineering Journals that would say different, if you track your car, stick with STOCK rotors.

and we all know about Drilled / milled or cast in hole rotors, these dont last longer or work better. and are a 40 year old myth that will not die.

a brake dyno does not put the stress on brake rotors that DEs, Track days let alone racing does on brakes.

Unless some one can show me those per review ( no advertising) engineering Journals . ..

Now that said, there is a huge need for great rotors, just dont cryo them.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

No this is done on a brake dyno see here for details.

http://www.greeninginc.com/dual.htm

Neat machine! Can it test brake pads too?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:01 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

where are they cast and where are they machined and or finished?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Uncle Sam
Instructor

Let me just say thank you for showing an interest. For a serious track person having slotted rotors w/o being drilled would be great.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:02 PM
BSIBRAKES
Instructor

Originally Posted by John Shiels

Every cryo process is different true some work and some dont. However i can assure you ours does work.

It is really not just about cryo it is all about tempering properly with the cryo. These two combined do make a difference please view some facts that we have compiled.

Porsche, as an example, fits cryogenic
rotors for racing applications—specifically 12 and 24-hour endurance races. They discovered that
cryogenically treated rotors can last the entire race, saving valuable time during pit stops.
Police use of cryogenically processed brake rotors has been met with varied successes.

Tucson, AZ Police Department
The Tucson Police Department realized that on the late model Crown Victorias, rotor warpage was
a problem. Rotors would be good for one session on the rotor lathe before being discarded. Tucson
is currently testing 4-Life Brake rotors with OE pads. They report that one of their test vehicles now
has gone through four sets of pads and has accumulated 36,000-miles on these rotors, which have
no cracks, grooves, or blue discoloration.

Meeker County, MN Sheriff’s Department
Chief Deputy Jeff Norlin of the Meeker County Sheriff’s Department has been involved in fleet
management since 1991. He is another satisfied user of Frozen Rotors™ and reports longer rotor
life. He commented that his department’s Crown Victorias encounter a wide variety of road
conditions: paved, dirt, and gravel, as well as Minnesota’s widely varying temperatures. He did
comment that one car in his fleet, which contracts out to a city, has shorter brake component life
due to the extensive stop and start conditions it encounters.

Schaumburg, IL Police Department
The Schaumburg Police Department reports good results using rotors from Controlled Thermal
Processing for their fleet of Crown Victorias. Where they were getting 7000-miles on OE rotors,
they report getting up to 34,000-miles using cryogenically-treated rotors.

Training officers in pursuit driving is hard on vehicles and the Federal Law Enforcement Training
Center (FLETC) in Glynco is no exception. Michael Coger, Fleet Manager at FLETC reported the
brakes got so hot on the training vehicles that not only did the plastic wheel covers melt, but valve
stems also melted.
Coger is sold on cryogenic rotors; however, he cautions that not all cryogenically-treated rotors are
the same. Cryogenic treatment must be done in careful steps, and if it is not, the results can be
disappointing. They had a bad experience with one brand of treated rotors and the whole pallet
ended up being returned. The FLETC used to change rotors with every pad change; however, with
Command Automotive rotors, rotor life had doubled.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:10 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

did I miss the answer to the question? I apologize if I did.

Do police rotors get to 1400+ degress and glow in the daylight?

What affect does cryo have after rotors get that hot?

thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 08:12 PM
BSIBRAKES
Instructor

the cast are from china. the machining and cryo and plating is done here.

China is basically manufacturing all rotors now we have no more plants here they are all closed.

I can tell you that Brembo rotors are even sourced from there. The rotor world is changing my friends sorry to say.

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam
Let me just say thank you for showing an interest. For a serious track person having slotted rotors w/o being drilled would be great.

we will have them slotted only also as a option at the same price.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:22 PM
BSIBRAKES
Instructor

did I miss the answer to the question? I apologize if I did.

Do police rotors get to 1400+ degress and glow in the daylight?

What affect does cryo have after rotors get that hot?

thanks

basically as far as the stuff i have on the computer here this info on the porsche is pretty solid.

Porsche, as an example, fits cryogenic
Police use of cryogenically processed brake rotors has been met with varied successes.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Z Fast
Drifting

Location: Bend, Oregon Black / Ebony 2LZ 2006 Z06 C6Z06 owner since 2/7/2006
Received 110 Likes on 44 Posts

the cast are from china. the machining and cryo and plating is done here.

China is basically manufacturing all rotors now we have no more plants here they are all closed.

I can tell you that Brembo rotors are even sourced from there. The rotor world is changing my friends sorry to say.

Who is we. Are you saying that ALL rotors from all companies are now manufactured in CHINA???

Can anybody confirm BREMBO rotors are sourced from CHINA???
Old 11-29-2007, 10:17 PM
RedLS6
Drifting

Received 1,729 Likes on 783 Posts

Every cryo process is different true some work and some dont. However i can assure you ours does work.
Hi BSIBRAKES,

Would you consider giving one of the forum members here a set of rotors to test in an HPDE environment? Several of us track our cars monthly or even more frequently, and we go through stock rotors in a hurry, and have documented the stock rotor failure rate over and over. I am skeptical about cryo rotors as is AU N EGL......proving your rotors on track will be the only way to sell them on this forum.

Also.....for 3X longer rotor life, is it safe to assume these rotors cost no more than 3X as much as stock rotors? (Oops, just saw the $299 price).

Last edited by RedLS6; 11-29-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 PM
BSIBRAKES
Instructor

Originally Posted by Z Fast
Who is we. Are you saying that ALL rotors from all companies are now manufactured in CHINA???

we as in the USA have no rotor manufacturing plants anymore. The last one was brake parts inc and they are now closed as of last year.

Can anybody confirm BREMBO rotors are sourced from CHINA???
this will be hard for anyone to do they dont want people to know but it is indeed true once i get the proof i will post it.

Originally Posted by RedLS6
Hi BSIBRAKES,

Would you consider giving one of the forum members here a set of rotors to test in an HPDE environment? Several of us track our cars monthly or even more frequently, and we go through stock rotors in a hurry, and have documented the stock rotor failure rate over and over. I am skeptical about cryo rotors as is AU N EGL......proving your rotors on track will be the only way to sell them on this forum.

Also.....for 3X longer rotor life, is it safe to assume these rotors cost no more than 3X as much as stock rotors? (Oops, just saw the $299 price).

the 299.00 cost is for rotors and hawk pads. basically what is happening is we will be the next power stop but have not really gone to market yet. This is just a great oppurtunity for us to get our name out there. The product name will be called EDGE.

We are going against all the big boys directly and that is how we will compete by offering a all inclusive rotor instead of heavy mark ups.

Bacically you are getting a better rotor at a lower price than your standard power slot or power stop.

redls6 you can pm me and we can arrange to get you a sample out for track testing we are confident our product will outlast the traditional cryo products on the market.

Like i was explaining earlier this is a cryo tempering process far superior to the old style cryo.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 PM
larryfs
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I get a free set of rotors for recommending that he advertise here

Get notified of new replies

To Coming Soon Cryogenically Engineered Drilled Slotted Rotors & Hawk HPS Special 299.00

Old 11-30-2007, 12:10 AM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

reminds me of the bat cave!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:40 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Your cryo process is different how from others?

What does a Porsche rotor have to do with yours?

All rotors are NOT made in China where they can't even make a simple bolt for structural steel on buildings.Can we say BANNED from about every specification in construction.

Have any race teams using you rotors?

What type of Hawk pads with the rotors?

What size rotors?

How is the vane design?

Thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 AM
73-84 IMSA Widebody
Drifting

Would my x-wife fit in that cryo thing? She's about 140#.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon Cryogenically Engineered Drilled Slotted Rotors & Hawk HPS Special 299.00