Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trackmaqn Spankin The Weasel (wild Waesel)video

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:39 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackmaqn Spankin The Weasel (wild Waesel)video

watkins glen scda in the spring,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8JQ98s4lk
all the guys from ecs are fun to run with and great guys.. im just learning to post vids and couldn't pass up this chance to poke a little fun... guys please forgive me in advance...... i took the stock z up to wgi for a little track fun CFM wiked weasel in a 618 rwhp z coilovers big brakes and the like...he's the yellow c5z with the tail light out...

Last edited by TRACKMAN2; 12-01-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like you had some fun with them. I think some of the other Vettes need to get a new cam.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Great video - looks like you turned a 2:16 then a 2:14 - nice! Watkins Glen is an awesome track. I drove there for the first time this past September with PDA, which had a few ECS members in the Blue Group with me. Looking forward to running there again next year in Red Group. My best lap was a 2:14. Looking forward to running there with you. Mike http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=18471022

Last edited by Gray Ghost GS; 12-02-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AlohaC5
Great video - looks like you turned a 2:16 then a 2:14 - nice! Watkins Glen is an awesome track. I drove there for the first time this past September with PDA, which had a few ECS members in the Blue Group with me. Looking forward to running there again next year in Red Group. My best lap was a 2:14. Looking forward to running there with you.
my fastest lap was a 2:12 something that z is an amasing car.. if you are running in the :14s youu ready for the red group!! ill see you there in the spring!!! I"M the 54 black z or the 117 black c4
Old 12-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Man you were flying. That really showed what running the right line could do.

What all mods have you done to your car? I know it says stock in your post but I assume you are running race rubber and atleast better pads. What is your setup?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:57 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

totaly stock exept for 4 315 kumo v710s willwood h pads from ECS and track alignment

Last edited by TRACKMAN2; 12-02-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

I was making adjustments that day since I just put in the coilovers and the Wilwood package, but you were all over my butt. The next session after reviewing video of my mistakes and making some changes I didnt see you again, but fair is fair and you out ran me. Great driving George and I wish the season wasnt over. I might head down to VIR early this year since that is now my favorite track.

BTW - I had 460 rwhp which just shows that it is driver's ability not power which makes you faster.

Oh and George are you coming up this Spring - I have a little surprise for you under the hood.

Last edited by Wicked Weasel; 12-02-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by AlohaC5
Great video - looks like you turned a 2:16 then a 2:14 - nice! Watkins Glen is an awesome track. I drove there for the first time this past September with PDA, which had a few ECS members in the Blue Group with me. Looking forward to running there again next year in Red Group. My best lap was a 2:14. Looking forward to running there with you.
Wow 2:14 is moving for the first time. Myself, Doug, Bobby and Mort were running together a year ago running 2:08s according to the lap timer Mort had. That was a fun day. People just got out of the way for 4 ECS cars.

The funny thing is that is before I added the coilovers and the Wilwoods. It took me some time to get use to the coilovers and Wilwood brakes. Coilovers sent me spinning in the Chicane while the wilwood brakes have so much stopping power that I am on them way too much.

The last few times out I have gone back to working on 1 specific area hoping to put them all together for next year. Last time it was the up hill esses. I was exiting the top around 127 when I started and after working at it I moved to 138 which I was really happy with.

It guess taking a few steps backwards is worth it in the long run, but honestly it was like relearning my car. All the new tracks I did well - like VIR first day ran 2:12s, but tracks I knew inside and out I had to throw every visual aide away and start over again.

This though is the main reason I video all my runs so I can see exactly what I am doing wrong.

Look at www.ecsracing.com and when we put together next years schedule you should hook up with us.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:47 AM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

well,,,,,, i dont think i can keep up with you at full speed but , but why would i post a vid of you passin me ??? im sure ill live to regret this post... was kinda thinkin about vir too because i couldn't make it to ra this winter.. but at the least ill see you guys in the spring....
Old 12-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
well,,,,,, i dont think i can keep up with you at full speed but , but why would i post a vid of you passin me ??? im sure ill live to regret this post... was kinda thinkin about vir too because i couldn't make it to ra this winter.. but at the least ill see you guys in the spring....
I guess I have to post that one in revenge

Oh and VIR with Corvette Museum was one of the best HPDEs that I did this year so we will be going to that again assuming they run it.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
It guess taking a few steps backwards is worth it in the long run, but honestly it was like relearning my car. All the new tracks I did well - like VIR first day ran 2:12s, but tracks I knew inside and out I had to throw every visual aide away and start over again. Look at www.ecsracing.com and when we put together next years schedule you should hook up with us.

Thanks - I'll do that. My last HPDE at VIR Full Course resulted in a 2:16 with traffic; a 2:12 is really moving! I'm also learning a new setup having just installed the LG Wilwood SL6 brake kit. 2008 will be a great season. Mike
Old 12-02-2007, 10:39 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I know of 4 new 427's coming online next year in the NE plus what ever ECS is doing. It will be a rough year for my 346
Old 12-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I know of 4 new 427's coming online next year in the NE plus what ever ECS is doing. It will be a rough year for my 346
No comment
Old 12-02-2007, 11:08 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Good stuff, you were moving
Old 12-02-2007, 11:28 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
No comment
One is probably ECS, 3 Vette Doctors. Should be interesting no matter what happens to my 346 I will be interested to see how they all hold up. What would be the top speed at Pocono long course do you think? Win lose or draw I will like it.

Last edited by John Shiels; 12-02-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

One is probably ECS, 3 Vette Doctors. Should be interesting no matter what happens to my 346 I will be interested to see how they all hold up. What would be the top speed at Pocono long course do you think? Win lose or draw I will like it.
I figured you knew of 1 ECS car that is getting a new engine. From the guys that go to the track regularly there are at least 3 more getting major engine work and a few others getting minor engine work, suspension or brakes.

Should be a good year.

Top speed - not sure. I am guessing low 170s as an average.

Personally I think the advantage is less shifting . Figure you have so much more torque with these bigger engines you will not need to touch 3rd gear. Imagine running 4th and 5th only all day and shifting at 6200 rpms only. Much less abuse on the engine and drive train.

Next year will tell though. I have 3.73 gears so I might have the advantage of not shifting while someone with 3.42s will still have to shift. Someone with a MN12 and 3.42s might not be able to downshift to 3rd because of power and gear limitation. I know Doug was planning on getting rid of the MN12, but instead sold the whole car to make a dedicated track car.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:34 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

I never saw shifting as much of a loss when next to someone. Driveline will be taking more power so it will be punished. Tires, oh well good luck with the Hoosier bills, same with the brake components. Cages, that is a whole new game to decide with near or over 600 RWHP. I would guess 165+ down the front and near 180 down the Long Pond Straight depending how you take NASCAR Turn 1. Momentum will still be key as will braking. Trick will be to use the power all the time.

Funny I see HPDE as professional boat racing was buy it and run it no questions ask. They would buy a 150 MPH boat and jump in. I think it will cause problems and hope I am wrong.

Get notified of new replies

To Trackmaqn Spankin The Weasel (wild Waesel)video

Old 12-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

I never saw shifting as much of a loss when next to someone. Driveline will be taking more power so it will be punished. Tires, oh well good luck with the Hoosier bills, same with the brake components. Cages, that is a whole new game to decide with near or over 600 RWHP. I would guess 165+ down the front and near 180 down the Long Pond Straight depending how you take NASCAR Turn 1. Momentum will still be key as will braking. Trick will be to use the power all the time.

Funny I see HPDE as professional boat racing was buy it and run it no questions ask. They would buy a 150 MPH boat and jump in. I think it will cause problems and hope I am wrong.
I would like to see more rules around HPDEs and I would like to see rules enforced. Last year I had someone pass me on a Red Flag incident. The flag was clearly out and the pass was stupid. I also saw plenty of black flag incidents where the driver did not come in. Instead of taking that driver aside PDA pulled everyone in to warn them to not miss the black flags.

PDA merging with NASA seems to cause a problem. On the open track days before a race weekend you have people that are racing in a HPDE. Alot of them seem to ignore the flags or the common curtesy to wait for a point by.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:55 PM
undertaker
Race Director

Location: ECS : WTF did you break now and HTF did you break it this time
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

doesn't everyone have 427's/???
Old 12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
undertaker
Race Director

Location: ECS : WTF did you break now and HTF did you break it this time
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

ok george, since this is anti weasel day...

http://www.ecsracing.com/ecsracing/s...1874#post11874

I might be pitting with you instead of ECS next season...

Quick Reply: Trackmaqn Spankin The Weasel (wild Waesel)video