Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helio Castro Neves' Tire Test Big News!

Old 12-07-2007, 04:07 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Helio Castro Neves' Tire Test Big News!

I'm sure that many of you know that Helio was on the tv show Dancing With The Stars and won it.

Anyway.. I was watching my local news here in Chicago yesterday and during the sports they covered Helio's Firestone test at Homestead. What?? The only time that I ever hear about open wheel on my local news is during the Indy 500, if someone crashes spectacularly or if someone dies. I can't believe that they were covering a tire test.

The test even made international news.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/64308

It sure is amazing what 20+ million fans watching you on a reality show can do for you.

I wonder what Helio's newfound fame is going to do for the IRL this coming season?

I sure hope that this helps open wheel in general in the US and not just the IRL. I also hope that Helio doesn't defect to NASCAR now. If Helio goes to NASCAR now after his fame from the show, it would basically put the nail in the coffin for open wheel here in the US.

Thoughts?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:19 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xsiveone
I'm sure that many of you know that Helio was on the tv show Dancing With The Stars and won it.

Anyway.. I was watching my local news here in Chicago yesterday and during the sports they covered Helio's Firestone test at Homestead. What?? The only time that I ever hear about open wheel on my local news is during the Indy 500, if someone crashes spectacularly or if someone dies. I can't believe that they were covering a tire test.

The test even made international news.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/64308

It sure is amazing what 20+ million fans watching you on a reality show can do for you.

I wonder what Helio's newfound fame is going to do for the IRL this coming season?

I sure hope that this helps open wheel in general in the US and not just the IRL. I also hope that Helio doesn't defect to NASCAR now. If Helio goes to NASCAR now after his fame from the show, it would basically put the nail in the coffin for open wheel here in the US.

Thoughts?
I think he hit his dance partner and not with his hand

Last edited by John Shiels; 12-07-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:42 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I think he hit his dance partner and not with his hand
That too, but what do you think that his exposure on the show will do for OW racing, if anything?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:51 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xsiveone
That too, but what do you think that his exposure on the show will do for OW racing, if anything?
Probably not much but it cannot hurt. See if she attends a few races. I saw on TV the tabloid show et or some of that crap where they are featuring him tonight as a eligible bachelor.

Get notified of new replies

To Helio Castro Neves' Tire Test Big News!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Helio Castro Neves' Tire Test Big News!