Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRI Reports?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 02:34 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Default PRI Reports?

Ok guys two days of PRI and ......

We are waiting . . . .
Old 12-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Racer-38
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this was my first time there.
all i can say is>>> UNBELIEVABLE
every kind of race car thing you can imagine was there. It took 8 full hours of walking up and down the aisles to cover the show.
they had a twin turbo bad *** C5 black vette running 1100hp for the street!!!
Kerry Hitt (ACP) is developing a grand sport clone and had the body there...that is going to be wicked.
I felt like a little kid let loose in a giant candy store....the smile has still not left my face
Old 12-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Doug@ECS (and others from ECS) are down there checking out stuff that maybe incorporated into ECS builds next year. I will let you know what they found when they get back.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:00 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hope someone takes pictures of the new AP race calipers they look great

Last edited by John Shiels; 12-08-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:22 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Yes - Gary was going to look for them.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:08 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

he send me one picture 10 days ago and it was sweet. I looked on their site but didn't see it.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

if you told me before everyone left I am sure I would have gotten something for you.

I talked to Doug briefly today and he said there was a lot of good stuff. What?? I am not sure
Old 12-08-2007, 10:40 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

only problem going there is when you come back you need to take a 400,000 dollar loan to get everything you want!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Well for a brief summery of the show, it was great as usual and my feet still hurt!

There was a ton of great product for the road racing guys, but honestly most of it I already looked at last month at Sema, for this particular trip I ended up with more new product for the drag guys. We are working on a pretty trick set up for a beefier drive train for them.

I did spend some time at the Holinger (sp) booth, man I would love one of those tranny's, but 24k is a bit rich for my blood.

Plenty of suspension guys with some updated stuff, and I was happy to see so many new offerings for dry sumps. Including a replacement pan for the C6 ZO6 that is actually a real dry sump style pan over a wet sump pan with fittings in it like stock. If I was racing a C6 Z I would change that up in a second.

I'll post up some of the other items when I get a chance to catch up from last week.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:34 PM
dmwhite
Racer

Originally Posted by Racer-38
this was my first time there.
all i can say is>>> UNBELIEVABLE
same for me...

didnt have much time but went and looked at a few things that i want for next year (seats, helmets, etc)...saw some pretty cool stuff in my brief stay though...
Old 12-10-2007, 03:52 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

no AP caliper report?

Last edited by John Shiels; 12-10-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:16 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I should have one in late January or early Feburary. Thanks Gary Armstrong for the pictures!

Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
I should have one in late January or early Feburary. Thanks Gary Armstrong for the pictures!

Thats the one.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:04 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Gary told me that he had to watch you close. Because you had your eyes all over his trick parts. HAHAHHA

Randy
Old 12-11-2007, 08:47 AM
dmwhite
Racer

no AP caliper report?
didnt check out any AP stuff but i did see the new PFC calipers at sema las month...their stuff is sick!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:01 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Gary told me that he had to watch you close. Because you had your eyes all over his trick parts. HAHAHHA

Randy
Yeah, I chewed his ear off on the dry sump stuff, that was one of the things I wanted to nail down this go around. I have been making stuff ourselves prior, but I dont do enough to warrant the production. So it's nice to see a few options ready for sale.

Scoggin Dicky is offering one also with the same pump, options are good.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:48 AM
drbenne
Instructor

I am sure Gary will chime in on the AP brake caliper, but it was a very nice piece, but pricey. It has internal brake fluid channeling and machining design to try to channel coolling airflow to the outside portion of the caliper. this seemed to be a common theme for all the new brake calipers. It was really a work of art. I hope they never approve it for T1. (decisions, decisions). a lot of new shocks out there from penske and moton which will improve handling significantly and have street and racing applications.

was hoping to catch the shuttle launch while i was out there but it kept getting delayed.

Get notified of new replies

To PRI Reports?

Old 12-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Yeah, I chewed his ear off on the dry sump stuff, that was one of the things I wanted to nail down this go around.
Nice looking pan. What exactly are the differences/advantages compared to the Z dry sump pan? "Dryer"?
Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Everett Ogilvie
Nice looking pan. What exactly are the differences/advantages compared to the Z dry sump pan? "Dryer"?
The deep dry sump in the stock engine has Oil problems. During cornering, and under braking the oil just doesn't get pulled out of the pan fast enough. This only happens under hard conditions. Then the tank runs out of oil to feed the engine and that equals $$$$$$$

Randy
Old 12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As an ARE authorized installation center, here is an excerp from a press release that I got the day before I left for PRI.

"ARE announces the all new LS 7 Dry Sump direct "bolt-on" pan. This replaces the factory oil pan, and utilizes the factory internal dry sump oil pumps. All factory Air Conditioner and drive ancillaries may be kept in place."

We spoke to several oil pump manufacturers at PRI that feel that the C6Z oil pump is more than adequate, but the stock sump leave much to be desired.
Gary Armstrong's (ARE) goals were to do a better job scavaging the oil from the rotating assembly, which the stock pan doesn't appear to do very well. This means more horsepower and more consistant oil pressure. Gary has been to our shop several times taking measurements off of Terry's C6Z to come up with this pan. As far as we know, all of the other dry sump systems for the LS7 require getting rid of the Air Conditioning &/or will not work with stock motor mounts. This isn't a big deal for real race cars, but most of us have a dual purpose requirement from our Corvettes and AC is a desirable luxury to keep.

I'm very excited to begin installing this product in early January.

Gary will be returning next week from an European Motorsport Trade show in England next week. Upon his return I'll be getting more of the details. He has also developed Cast Aluminum Valve covers that have integrated Rocker Arm Oil Spray bars for hardcore race motors. This oil spray helps cool the rocker arms and valve springs. One visitor to his booth said that his spray bars help eliminate valve train failures to his 10,000rpm LSx motor.

Quick Reply: PRI Reports?