Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

December riding on rails sale!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 05:36 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default December riding on rails sale!!!

This sale is for the month of December. This is not a group buy!!!

Good for the Corvette that maybe sees some track and auto-x runs, but mostly a street car. They work great for the lowered cars that are just running out of shock travel!
Bilstein Sport shocks for C5 and C6 only $300.00 Shipped

C5 and C6 coilovers!!!
Our Coilovers are built with good hardware, Bilstien shocks, Hyperco springs, Energy suspension, Penske tie-bars, and DRM top hats. These have been valved for light street and heavy track. Spring rates are can be played around with a little (weight, aero, and etc). 100% bolt in without any clearance issues.

$1700.00 shipped to your door!
$1750.00 with control arm bushings!

C4 Coilovers
Well when it comes to C4 suspension, no body does it better then DRM! We have been converting C4s since 89! There is a couple different ways we can make your car in to a corner carver.
$825.00 to convert your shocks into a coilover!
$1500.00 to supply you with valved shocks plus above!
$1400.00 if you supply the shocks for us to revalve!

If you guys have any questions please let me know.
Randy
www.dougrippie.com
763-477-9272
Old 12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Old 12-13-2007, 08:34 AM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice randy. my car has your setup already as you know. is there a way to look at the springs and know what there rate is?

also are the shocks rebuildable?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 97C5inSD
Very nice randy. my car has your setup already as you know. is there a way to look at the springs and know what there rate is?

also are the shocks rebuildable?
The spring rates are scratched in the top of the spring. Make sure you mark where the spring was before you start taking things apart. They should be 450 front and 600 rear +- 25 pounds. If you are planning on a new AERO package we will have to do a little changing around.

YEs the shocks are rebuildable!!! Bilstien West does all of our shocks.

Randy
Old 12-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Uncle Sam
Instructor

Randy,
Let me ask you a question or two because I am ignorant and don't know. Aside from ride height and corner weight, what is the advantage of going to a coil over? I have a 2008 Z51 coupe and plan to do about 6-8 track days next year. Wouldn't the Bilsteins alone be the best choice, considering cost and planned use? For those who want the ultimate I can see doing the change, but for those just using the car for a few fun days wouldn't the stock suspension and better shocks (and tires) be enough? This is not a criticism, I just want to make the best decision and stay within a budget. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:14 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bilstiens are a nice improvement but don't change spring rate. Coil-overs change spring rate to what you choose and the difference is more dramatic. Keep your shock shocks then if you sell the car you can place them back and sell the coil-overs for some decent money. That way the cost is reduced for your use.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:43 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam
Randy,
Let me ask you a question or two because I am ignorant and don't know. Aside from ride height and corner weight, what is the advantage of going to a coil over? I have a 2008 Z51 coupe and plan to do about 6-8 track days next year. Wouldn't the Bilsteins alone be the best choice, considering cost and planned use? For those who want the ultimate I can see doing the change, but for those just using the car for a few fun days wouldn't the stock suspension and better shocks (and tires) be enough? This is not a criticism, I just want to make the best decision and stay within a budget. Thanks.
John said most of it. The Coil springs do offer some performance, due to the fact the rate changes happen differetly then the stock leaf. They also offer a true independed suspension. The shocks that we use are matched up with the heavier spring rate which takes the worries away from those building their own systems. They a little bit shorter then the stock shocks so you don't have to worry about the shock running out of travel. Going with the standard Bilstien sports will be giving up 1-3 senconds a lap on most roadcourses. The coilovers make a street car handle with some of the best racecars at the track, were the bilstien sports are just a small increase. I have replaced a ton of sports with our coilovers, with very happy customers.
Tires, sports and a good driver is a fast car.
Tires, coilovers and a ok driver is a fast car.
Tires, stock and a ok driver is a sort of fast car.

Either way both are going to give you a better handling car.
How much street driving are you still going to do with the car???

Thanks
Randy
Old 12-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Uncle Sam
Instructor

Thank you both for your replies. I plan to do at least 7500 to 10,000 miles on the street per year, so I don't want to go too firm as far as the ride. I was just going to do an extra set of wheels and tires, brake ducts, harnesses and maybe a seat for track set up. I didn't even think that a Z51 package would have such underdamped shocks. I noticed the lack of rebound on the street during my break in period! I thought GM owned Bilstein and assumed that the car would have Bilsteins. I heard that the shocks are actually Sachs, which I associate with German cars or European motorcycles. I have had great experiences with Bilsteins before, so I am inclined to get them. But, I will give the coil overs some thought and whichever ones I order Randy, I'll give you a call.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:11 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Thank you both for your replies. I plan to do at least 7500 to 10,000 miles on the street per year, so I don't want to go too firm as far as the ride. I was just going to do an extra set of wheels and tires, brake ducts, harnesses and maybe a seat for track set up. I didn't even think that a Z51 package would have such underdamped shocks. I noticed the lack of rebound on the street during my break in period! I thought GM owned Bilstein and assumed that the car would have Bilsteins. I heard that the shocks are actually Sachs, which I associate with German cars or European motorcycles. I have had great experiences with Bilsteins before, so I am inclined to get them. But, I will give the coil overs some thought and whichever ones I order Randy, I'll give you a call.
Sounds good. I will be more then happy to talk it out with you. The first C6 that we got in the shop had 300 miles, one track day. One of the rear shocks was leaking all over the place

Randy
763-477-9272
www.dougrippie.com
Old 12-13-2007, 08:45 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

the coil-overs are made with Bilsteins also in case you missed it which I doubt. Good suspension is also fun on the street.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:12 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

All the cars below are running our coilovers. Like John said.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 PM
racerwannabe
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

i can't believe you don't have a picture of my car on here i must have more rippie equipment than anyone ...short of ed braswell!!!
Johnny
Old 12-13-2007, 09:30 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by racerwannabe
i can't believe you don't have a picture of my car on here i must have more rippie equipment than anyone ...short of ed braswell!!!
Johnny
yea
Old 12-13-2007, 09:36 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

You are right!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy
PS MORE PICTURES PLEASE
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 PM
racerwannabe
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

just to stir the pot>>> i just came in from reparing the computer on the c-4 of randy's i have ..shop doors open 66 degrees ....so nice to live here in the south...
i'll find you a nice picture of the beast!! ran 1:16 from standing start at roebling this time...we getting better..and ...and... brought it home in one piece!!!!
johnny
Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Old 12-13-2007, 09:48 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

I just got back from outside, digging out some wiring supplies for project-x out of my iceracing truck. It was a little colder
http://www.weather.com/weather/local...om=search_city

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To December riding on rails sale!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 PM
racerwannabe
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
I just got back from outside, digging out some wiring supplies for project-x out of my iceracing truck. It was a little colder
http://www.weather.com/weather/local...om=search_city

Randy
that's cold right there now,,i don't care who ya are....i spent 2 years in alaska during 'nam..that was enough for me!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:48 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

More please John H

Randy
Old 12-14-2007, 12:07 PM
racerwannabe
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

ya need to send me a set of the shocks for my c-6....

nice picture!!!
Johnny

Quick Reply: December riding on rails sale!!!