Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****Only One LG Race Car Left- #28 C6 World Challenge race car for sale***

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:43 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default ****Only One LG Race Car Left- #28 C6 World Challenge race car for sale***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6eP1_sNz3E << Watch the car in action

Ok Guys, we have sold one car already and I kept the #28 car for last.

This is the 2 race winning Corvette C6 that has had great results and it is a piece of the Corvette racing history.

It has everything needed to run up front in either the World Challenge Series or in the new SCCA class created for these cars. Or win the NASA Championship in this car. Either way, there are 3 sanctioned series that you can race with or take it to track events.

So you can buy a piece of Corvette history, AND you can drive a piece of Corvette history too.

The price is $185,000.00 race ready.

I will come and offer driver coaching with this car at your track Plus the buyer of my #28 car you will get a test drive in the new GT2 Lemans Corvette that we are having built by Riley Technologies at the end of the first season.

Most of you already know that we are heading to the ALMS Series in new Corvette C6 GT2 cars. Our new cars will cost $471,000.00 each So grab this last of the LG Motorsports Race winning Corvettes and get a chance to drive our LeMans car at the end of the season on track.

I will post up the complete list of all the features that are in this car and what you get for the money.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports
972-429-1963

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 12-12-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:50 PM
LG Motorsports

Hi Guys, Here is the original post before we sold the #87 Car. But it has all the options listed.

Both of these cars are for sale immediately after the season finale.

$185,000 each complete race ready.

The #28 car was a two race winner with 3 poles. The Number 87 car sat on the pole at Sebring with Doug Peterson driving. The specs on the car are too numerous but I will mention a few.

LG Professionally built World Challenge Engine. 4 engines available at extra cost and at least 2 are sealed by SCCA as they were built. (we got tired of having to tear them down, but that only applied to LG wins )

Daily Dry sump pumps and billet oil pans aere standard on both cars along with the drive system that we have kept covered for 4 years now .

After you buy the car, we will give the buyer all the information on power and build sheet, with and without the 45% restrictor plate. The 45% restrictor plate takes away right at 50 hp, so if you don't run in the World Challenge series, you can add 40-50hp in 10 minutes.

Both cars have Holinger Sequential shifting, straight cut gear 6 speed transmissions with the SCCA mandated close ratios.

410 rear gears. Both the transmission and diffs are fully race preped with our own LG billet side covers and extra race work inside. The Holinger has its own internal pump and the diff has our LG single stage pump and billet Rear cover with pinion drive.

Spherical bearings in the Lower control arms, and our LG Motorsports designed chassis and suspension and sway bars. THere are too many things to list on the chassis.

Bosch 4.0 engine management with "No lift shift". That is correct, foot to the floor and pull back and the computer blips the engine for you so you never have to lift on an up shift.

This bosch 4.0 also has the same traction control as the ALMS Corvette and the Cadillac CTSv cars. We had to step up to the plate because without the high tech TC, we were at a slight disadvantage. But not any more. The Bosch ECU and TC is amazing.

Stack Data acquisition with predictive lap timer display. not only does it tell you what your lap time WAS, it tells you what it WILL BE before it happens. So you can see that a good lap is coming and keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Stop Tech 15" front and 13" rear brakes with Cobalt pads. This car stops so good it is scary. My face is now FLAT from hitting the windshield so much.

Tilton Triple Disc 5" Carbon Clutches on custom 5" flywheels.
LG Carbon Drive Shafts. Custom Torque TUbe. (if you buy it I will tell you what we did to them)

Wheels are Forgeline 18x10.5" front and 18x12" rear.

Both cars are built exactly the same but for the Driver's height. I am 5 foot 6 in and Doug (#87 car) is 6 foot 2 in. The brake pedal location is adjustable on both cars. The seats are in the same spot only the feet(pedals) move.

Bilstein/LG Coil over shocks with Race valving and spring rates.

Custom LG spec radiator, full Ram air (real ram air) with 14" water ram air pressure at 150 mph. Just to put it into perspective, a NASCAR Bush car sees about 7" of water pressure on the manometer at speed.

Full Ground effect body "wind tunnel tested" and a complete video from the GM wind tunnel will also be provided to the buyer with data.

The wings are from the LeMans Corvette C6.R but widened to meet the 72" wide width rule.

The car also has front under trays that were also pilfered from the design on the Le Mans C6.R Vettes.

You are not just buying parts that were put together, you are buying a fully tested and developed Corvette C6 race car that is so easy to drive fast, even I can do it.

This is probably the fastest Road race car on this forum. especially if you remove the restrictor and put some good tires on it. Seriously, it is bad to the bone.

You will get a full day of on track testing with you and your crew chief and me, Lou Gigliotti. ( I know that doesn't mean much to some of you pros but take it for what it is worth).

These cars are not cheap. $185,000. as they sit. For the same spec car we could not build you one for less than $275,000. new, but we will if you want a brand new one.

If anyone really wants it after the Atlanta Petit Weekend, we can talk, but I would like to run the cars to the finish of the season.

I might consider selling the car without the Holinger, Bosch and Stack if there was a serious buyer at a reduced price (about $35k less).

Call me at LG Motorsports and let them know what you are calling for and they will give you my cell number if you are serious.

***Why are we selling? Going ALMS GT2 with Riley built Corvette C6 GT2 car ****

These cars are collectors cars already. A piece of Corvette racing history. You can not pay too much but only too soon. Race it while it goes up in value.

Thanks and i will add some photos as I can.

Lou Gigliotti LGM

UTAH race, #28 and #87 finish 2nd and 3rd both on the podium

Charlotte on the banking.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lou, how much for just the test drive in the GT2 car?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:23 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Lou, how much for just the test drive in the GT2 car?
I will think about that. Hmmmmmmmm

Good Idea. What would a lap or two be worth?

LG
Old 12-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Uncle Sam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darn! I was going to buy "his" and "hers."

Actually, I'm only one lottery win away.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
I will think about that. Hmmmmmmmm

Good Idea. What would a lap or two be worth?

LG
I got some pics of you racing i'd be willing to part with

Also, how do you like running on the Michelin tires instead of the Toyo?
Old 12-11-2007, 06:25 PM
LG Motorsports

I can't tell which brand just yet.

LG

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 12-11-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

We will not be using Michelin tires.

ANd no, I can't tell which brand just yet.

LG
Interesting. Figured you would get some hand me downs from Pratt & Miller and Company.

Running on Pirelli
Old 12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Interesting. Figured you would get some hand me downs from Pratt & Miller and Company.

Running on Pirelli
We should be making an announcement soon.

LG
Old 12-15-2007, 08:59 AM
LG Motorsports

Ok Guys. What are you waiting for...Are you waiting to turn 60 before you do the things that you really want?

In about 20 years, some of us will assume room temprature or be pushing up daisys or be horizontal 6 feet under. So what are we all waiting for?

Get 2 guys, and spend the price of a new Z06 with a few mods and you can own and drive this car for the time of your life.

Enter World Challenge OR track days or Win the NASA championship. either way it will be a hoot!

Life is no dress rehersal, so jump in on this before it is gone.

Ok I know it is a little dramatic but this is an opportunity for a real Corvette guy or a couple of Corvette guys to own this car and have a blast.

Contact me for a pep talk and some unique financing opportunities.

Trades accepted.

Thanks guys.

Lou Gigliotti
Old 12-15-2007, 05:32 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

even before you assume room temperature your are basically useless for a while anyway so it is even less.

70 years x 365 days = 25,550 days

25,550 days x 24 hours = 613,200 hours

613,200 hours x 60 minutes = 36,792,000 mintues

36,792,000 minutes x 60 seconds = well does it really matter?

The beginning and end are partially useless so what are we left with It's so short how do we get anything done?

Drive down the road and some trees you pass will be there when you are not. Dam they can't even drive or think

What did you do today that was important or fun?
Old 12-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Contact me for a pep talk and some unique financing opportunities.

Trades accepted.

Thanks guys.

Lou Gigliotti

How creative?
Old 12-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

As a novice weekend racer buying a purpose-built race car has some appeal but realistically I know I'm just not in that league. What an opportunity though.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:10 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne O
As a novice weekend racer buying a purpose-built race car has some appeal but realistically I know I'm just not in that league. What an opportunity though.
although some people have been born in a car none were holding the wheel or pressing the pedals when born,
Old 12-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Deleted 07.13.2020
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
even before you assume room temperature your are basically useless for a while anyway so it is even less.

70 years x 365 days = 25,550 days

25,550 days x 24 hours = 613,200 hours

613,200 hours x 60 minutes = 36,792,000 mintues

36,792,000 minutes x 60 seconds = well does it really matter?

The beginning and end are partially useless so what are we left with It's so short how do we get anything done?

Drive down the road and some trees you pass will be there when you are not. Dam they can't even drive or think

What did you do today that was important or fun?
very well said

Dimitri

Get notified of new replies

To ****Only One LG Race Car Left- #28 C6 World Challenge race car for sale***

Quick Reply: ****Only One LG Race Car Left- #28 C6 World Challenge race car for sale***