Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for C4's running Cobra seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
DVNCI
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Looking for C4's running Cobra seats

Getting ready to purchase some Cobra's but I'm wondering how you guys mounted your seats?

Is there a standard kit?

Sube Sports sells bracket kits but they don't show one specifically for C4 but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist I suppose.

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:17 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not all of the cobra seats mount the same way. I have had two different types in the corvette race car. The first had mounting holes in the bottom and I used the stock mounting sliders and a flat plat to match the holes up. The new seat has holes on the side. I bent two steel .080 plates to mount to the stock studs and then to the side of the seat. I put the seat where I wanted and drilled for the sides.
Hope this helps.
MAC
Old 12-16-2007, 10:42 AM
DVNCI
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MAC95 6SPD
Not all of the cobra seats mount the same way. I have had two different types in the corvette race car. The first had mounting holes in the bottom and I used the stock mounting sliders and a flat plat to match the holes up. The new seat has holes on the side. I bent two steel .080 plates to mount to the stock studs and then to the side of the seat. I put the seat where I wanted and drilled for the sides.
Hope this helps.
MAC
Great, thanks.

Most likely we'll do a custom fab job for it, was just wondering what the C4 guys have been doing. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Carolina C4 Racer
Pro

Originally Posted by RUKWKR
Getting ready to purchase some Cobra's but I'm wondering how you guys mounted your seats?

Is there a standard kit?

Sube Sports sells bracket kits but they don't show one specifically for C4 but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist I suppose.

Thanks!
The easiest way to mount a race seat is to use the Hardbar (Gary Hoffman) seat rails.
They are great & adjustable for side mount or alum. seats.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:15 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Carolina C4 Racer
The easiest way to mount a race seat is to use the Hardbar (Gary Hoffman) seat rails.
They are great & adjustable for side mount or alum. seats.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:48 PM
MislMan
Instructor

I mounted Corbeau seats in my '95 Vette Coupe and used Corbeau C4 specific mounting rails. They are of the slider design and have double locking bars. They bolt right in using the stock mounting positions and studs. Hardest part was taking out the stock seats (and that isn't hard). I also use the Brey Krause harness bar and Corbeau 3" 5-point haresses.

Later ... Larry S.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for C4's running Cobra seats

Quick Reply: Looking for C4's running Cobra seats