Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track day in a C6 vert

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 05:28 PM
tjackson82
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Track day in a C6 vert

Hi:

I'm a former vintage racer -- 11 years with the SCCA, HSR, VARA and other groups -- and I'd like to do a track day in my '08 convertible. Nothing too dicey, just some fun at speed.
But I checked into NASA and their website seems to say that I would need to put a rollbar in my convertible, which I'm not willing to do.
Does anyone have any info on groups that do track days in Florida that would allow a dead stock car to run some hot laps?
Old 12-19-2007, 04:13 AM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Originally Posted by tjackson82
Hi:

I'm a former vintage racer -- 11 years with the SCCA, HSR, VARA and other groups -- and I'd like to do a track day in my '08 convertible. Nothing too dicey, just some fun at speed.
But I checked into NASA and their website seems to say that I would need to put a rollbar in my convertible, which I'm not willing to do.
Does anyone have any info on groups that do track days in Florida that would allow a dead stock car to run some hot laps?
I don't know anything about track days groups in Florida. However, generally, the roll bar required in convertibles rule comes from the race track, not the track day organizer.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.safemotorsports.com allows verts in stock form.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:01 AM
tjackson82
Instructor

Safe looks like a possibility. Thanks very much.

Get notified of new replies

To Track day in a C6 vert

Quick Reply: Track day in a C6 vert