Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Temperature Monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:34 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Tire Temperature Monitoring

http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant...egory_Code=NEW

Probably a little late for Christmas now...

===

The brand new Opti-Grip tire temperature monitoring system is everything racers have been dreaming about. It’s a simple, affordable system that allows a driver to monitor his real-time tire temperatures. Until now, this technology has only been available to large budget race teams. The system uses 4 small infrared sensors mounted in the wheel wells. An easily mountable LCD screen displays large easy-to-read temperatures. The system also includes a memory recall button mountable near the steering wheel.

# System includes: 1 LCD Screen
# 4 IR sensors with replaceable lenses
# 15-foot mini USB cables
# 1 Junction box
# 1 Power adapter
# All mounting hardware
Old 12-21-2007, 11:49 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gkmccready
http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant...egory_Code=NEW

Probably a little late for Christmas now...

===

The brand new Opti-Grip tire temperature monitoring system is everything racers have been dreaming about. It’s a simple, affordable system that allows a driver to monitor his real-time tire temperatures. Until now, this technology has only been available to large budget race teams. The system uses 4 small infrared sensors mounted in the wheel wells. An easily mountable LCD screen displays large easy-to-read temperatures. The system also includes a memory recall button mountable near the steering wheel.

# System includes: 1 LCD Screen
# 4 IR sensors with replaceable lenses
# 15-foot mini USB cables
# 1 Junction box
# 1 Power adapter
# All mounting hardware
I need something that will tell me the temperature across the front tires, to make sure I don't under/over inflate them, and cord one on the edge like I've done twice.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:01 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000BSME
I need something that will tell me the temperature across the front tires, to make sure I don't under/over inflate them, and cord one on the edge like I've done twice.
More for the Data Acq than instant gratification:

http://racecartesting.com/products.html

Non-Contact Infrared Temperature Sensor

Allows Real-Time On Board Monitoring of Tire Temperature. Just Imagine the possibilities!

Mount 3 per tire for Outside, Middle, Inside. Tune for optimum camber and air pressure settings where it matters - In the CORNERS!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Bill Hetzel
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bunch of years ago, I went to a chassis setup seminar that had the pro setup ( 3 sensors on each tire ). Very educational, tire temps change rapidly.

I see guys at the track bring their cars off the track, into the paddock, take some time to get out of thecar, get a drink,etc. and then take tire temps (worthless) with an infrared pyrometer (also worthless).

This is a neat product but, as noted, you really need 3 sensors per tire to tell you what's really going on. It would also be nice if it could store complete laps. But,that would drive the price way up.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:56 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Suggestion, not as nice as accross the tread on all four but mount 2 per front tire, 3 if you must, get that one setup, then move to the other one or other pair(rear), etc.

This should help a great deal on initial setup and individual track setup then use them where needed during a race.

Or, get two systems, three, etc. starts getting a bit costly though.

Rick
Old 12-22-2007, 05:15 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by raam
Suggestion, not as nice as accross the tread on all four but mount 2 per front tire, 3 if you must, get that one setup, then move to the other one or other pair(rear), etc.

This should help a great deal on initial setup and individual track setup then use them where needed during a race.

Or, get two systems, three, etc. starts getting a bit costly though.

Rick
That would work great for somebody like me who has a 'home' track, but for a racer who moves from track to track, would be time consuming.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:21 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes it would take allot of time but I thought of another option. Sensors may be cheap, mount and wire them (the wire will not weigh that much, maybe a phone cable will work or CAT5) and mount a switch that will select the tires individually. A switch that opens the contacts completely before it moves to the next position may be a good idea

Rick
Old 12-23-2007, 08:05 AM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a decent setup may have to consider this for next year if i have some funds left over for it. Nice find

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Temperature Monitoring

Quick Reply: Tire Temperature Monitoring