Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

24 Hours at Daytona hotel.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Todd Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 Hours at Daytona hotel.

24 hours at Daytona has become a yearly trip to get away from miserable Wisconsin in January. We have always stayed at The Plaza Hotel and resort and have been happy. This year we waited to long to reserve our rooms due to one of the guys (long story) and The Plaza is sold out. I am looking for recomendations for a hotel on the beach. I have called a few such as Surfside, Boardwalk, BW Mayan Inn and more.
I have looked on rate it type websites and reviews seem to be done mostly by dissatisfied people, The Plaza had bad reviews and we thought it was good. Help me out I know some of the hotels on the beach can be real dumps.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Todd Z
Racer

^^^
Old 12-25-2007, 01:05 PM
MattW_VA
Pro

St. Jude Donor '07

This does you no good this year, but you should consider renting a motorhome and getting a spot in yellow parking. We pick one up in Jacksonville every year to avoid paying mileage.

Come buy and get a beer at spot 505, just past the kink in the infield..
Old 12-25-2007, 01:11 PM
73-84 IMSA Widebody
Drifting

Yours may not be the only hotel sold out or about to. For many events like this you need reservations months and sometime a year in advance.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Todd Z
Racer

Just the good hotels fill up and only the ones close to the track. Beleive it or not 24 hours is not that big of a spectator event however it has been getting bigger the last few years. There is plenty of availability on the beach but many of these hotels look ok from the outside and are disgusting on the inside. The best hotel on the beach is The Plaza.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

We've been staying at The Driftwood in Ormond Beach for years. It's nothing to write home about but it's clean and only about 15 minutes from the track. We stopped going to the 24 when the Corvettes stopped running in Grand Am so it's been a few years. It won't hurt to give them a call and see if they have any vacancies.

http://www.daytonahotels.com/Driftwood/index.php

Get notified of new replies

To 24 Hours at Daytona hotel.

Quick Reply: 24 Hours at Daytona hotel.