Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XBox 360, Forza 2, Road America

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Todd Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XBox 360, Forza 2, Road America

I think I am getting XBOX with Forza 2 for Christmas. I have heard it does NOT come with Road America as a track. You have to earn it and then download it. Is This true? What other great tracks in the U.S. does it come with, Mid-Ohio, Lugana Seca, The Glen, Etc. Thank You
Old 12-24-2007, 02:00 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

me too
Old 12-24-2007, 02:10 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It comes with Road Atlanta and Seca. Be sure to get the Microsoft Wheel too. It's a different game with the wheel. You get the Ring and Sebring too. Lots of tracks and configurations. You'll love it. I'm still playing it after 2 months (I got it for my b-day).

Old 12-24-2007, 02:18 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We just bought the system, Elite because it is black, it sits by the 52" 1080P Sharp LCD, on the other side is the PS3 (very dissipointed in the racing game releases and not yet released, love the unit and Blue Ray)

Below the LCD is the HDMI remote switcher and on the other side the HD DVR/sat reciever.

We hardly watch anything not about cars and never play any games unless about cars

Now you know how addicted we are(my son and I) to cars, going road racing in my 02 Z06 this year, bought the machines as training gear

------------

Anyway the Elite also has a bigger HDD(which we really did not need) and it has the HDMI output in HD.

------------

MS wheel is a must have item, the brake pedal is not linear at all but a piece of fairly stiff foam rubber wedged behind it makes a huge improvement!!!!

------------

Overall Forza is the best yet, I just wish I could feel the braking effect so I could threshold brake, work on trail braking, etc. For now I bomb the brakes, let off, turn in and power out which is a good method for many cars and some corners on some tracks(real world) but not for others and not the most sophisticated way to drive quickly.

------------

Rick
Old 12-24-2007, 03:03 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

wheel and pedal are coming to me I hear in a day or two.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:14 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by raam

------------

Overall Forza is the best yet, I just wish I could feel the braking effect so I could threshold brake, work on trail braking, etc. For now I bomb the brakes, let off, turn in and power out which is a good method for many cars and some corners on some tracks(real world) but not for others and not the most sophisticated way to drive quickly.

------------

Rick
I leave the braking zones on so I can see how hard I'm braking. It makes a large improvement when you can see the effects of your braking. Without the braking zones illuminated you have no idea how hard you're braking.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:16 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Man I'm so jealous!

While my wife semi-indulges my real racing habit, Forza is highly frowned upon when at home. I completed Forza I in about a year after my brother got me an XBox and that game (only game I ever owned for the XBox) for Xmas 2 years ago.

I plaed Forza2 at his house about 6 months ago on his 60" Sony SXRD - it was incredible!

I never have used a wheel/pedal that I liked, but it's been years so maybe the new ones are better. I do believe that the game (Forza I, in my case) does help keep your reflexes and the racing part of the brain from getting dusty in the off-season. It's no substitute for track time, but it helped keep my urges at bay.

Have fun y'all - and be thankful!!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:13 PM
RossN
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, gaming noob here.

I have the 360 XBox, Forza 2, and a wheel pedal set (not MS).

Are you guys using a chair setup with hard mounting for the wheel and pedals? That is what I am after and am looking for suggestions on a good value setup.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by John Shiels
wheel and pedal are coming to me I hear in a day or two.
Santa held up in weather, John?? Merry Christmas!!

joel
Old 12-24-2007, 06:06 PM
stingraymarc
Pro

I also have the XBOX 360 elite so that I could run HDMI out to my plasma. I differ in that I bought the logitech steering control...
I feel it is superior because it doesnt sit on your lap, but must be mounted onto a flat surface. I mounted it on a table with the plasma screen a few inches back and on a stand, with the pedals below..and what an experience!!! Road America is great on it..same with the 'ring and several others. I really enjoy putting AI on the highest level...the computer controlled cars are pretty brutal at that point and try to knock you off the road if you are in the lead or competing for it!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:57 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I read allot of reviews and most like the MS wheel better(it comes with a clamp for table mounting but I have always been a big fan of Logitech so will probably buy theirs as well to compare.

-------------

I have a spare Racetech RT1000 race seat I am going to mount to a stand and also mount the pedals and wheel. I will probably build a manual shifter, sequential though( I suppose I could make a gate) so I can practice more realistically. I will also build a false clutch pedal.

I may even hook up a spare harness I have
-------------

I do not like the way the other cars behave so run be myself, later I may play with them more if they are allowed to grow up

-------------

Braking zones, I take it you mean the markers by the track, I use them as I should and learning them is critical on any track, real of virtual. I just wish I could physically feel the deceleration to better judge what the car is doing under me.

Try the foam, etc under the brake pedal, simply huge improvement!

Rick
Old 12-25-2007, 10:51 PM
JVetthead
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is a wheel with clutch and gated shifter
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/131&cl=us,en
Old 12-25-2007, 10:56 PM
JVetthead
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

some other stuff
http://www.thewayiplay.com/
http://www.formulasim.com/products.html
http://www.frex.com/gp/
http://www.cannonsimulationtechnologies.com/
Old 12-25-2007, 11:38 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Unfortunately that Logitech is not for the 360, only the PS2, not even for PS3 which we have as well as the 360

I lists having a shifter but I did not see one in the pics unless burried behind the wheel, not a good place to have one if there.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Great links, gives me allot of ideas, wish I had more time to really get creative but building a real car now which takes priority of course.

Rick
Old 12-25-2007, 11:55 PM
stingraymarc
Pro

I checked out the link for the logitech G25, and if you click on image gallery, the 4th picture shows the excellently built stick shift module..
and if you read further, it supports the PS3 games formula one championship, Gran Turismo HD (which means it you can use it for GT4 as well) and Need for speed carbon. I'm going to order one and prvode a review for everyone!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:21 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Thanks, pretty brain dead today it seems

But are any of those PS3 racing programs any good?

I let my son research and test most of this, I am just to busy, still waiting for GT whatever they are going to call it, hope it comes out someday

Rick
Old 12-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Nihilation
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh I love Forza2, been playing the hell out of Road America this past week.

Get notified of new replies

To XBox 360, Forza 2, Road America

Old 12-26-2007, 06:13 AM
RossN
Burning Brakes

Holy Cow, that Frex seat is out of this world! That is what I am after, I hate hand controllers and the wheels plopped in my lap just suck. I am one of those people who need "seat of the pants" feedback to do well and this may be the ticket.

How much is that FrexGP SimConMOTION setup?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:57 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Edith got herself a nice game She has been playing it. I have no patience for hand controller. May be I'll try it when wheel and pedal comes today or tomorrow.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:18 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RossN
Okay, gaming noob here.

I have the 360 XBox, Forza 2, and a wheel pedal set (not MS).

Are you guys using a chair setup with hard mounting for the wheel and pedals? That is what I am after and am looking for suggestions on a good value setup.
I've mounted the wheel to a folding coffee table and put the pedals under the table. The pedals slide a little when I get a little too excited.

Using the wheel in my lap just didn't work for me. FWIW

Quick Reply: XBox 360, Forza 2, Road America