Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCCA Solo BSP rules change sought

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:56 AM
batchman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCCA Solo BSP rules change sought

Hi, I'm trying to get the C4/ZR-1 seperation changed in Street Prepared. The SEB has reviewed my request favorably, and is looking for member comment.

Currently in *SP cars listed on the same line can update/backdate parts. The ZR-1 has its own line, I seek to merge it with the other C4s; this would allow a small bump in gear (3.45 to 3.54) but what I'm really after is the early fast steering rack. In stock class the soft springs/slow rack make the car less than stellar - in BSP I can fix the springs but the rack change goes straight to street mod. Considering future value I don't think one can make a competitive build in Street Mod in a reversible way - Street Prepared makes that much more feasable.

I don't believe the ZR-1 will become a class leader or displace other C4s but it may make "another c4 to have" on some courses. There is some discussion at unofficial scca forum, and I'd be happy to post my request letter if you'd like.

If you have an opinion on this change I'd appreciate if you'd send a letter to seb "at" scca "dot" com, referring to #07-431.

Members and better yet *SP definitely helpful, or non-members if you think this may bring you out of the woodwork and make you more likely to participate! I see many modded ZR-1s that could more or less fit in *SP rules, once modded these cars are pretty fun.

Thanks for your consideration,
- Jeff
Old 01-10-2008, 11:14 AM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Ignore the fact that it was put out for member comment incorrectly, we submitted it as "C4 all, on the same line in BSP", but someone still thought the ZR-1 was in ASP so it came out wrong. :o Either way just use his reference number, 07-431.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:27 PM
z28cp
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is currently listed as Corvette (84-96) and Corvette ZR1 (all). Thus, you can already use the early rack. I have never heard it said that the ZR1 had a different rack than any other 84-96 Corvette. Does it??

DaveZ.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:09 PM
batchman
Advanced

Originally Posted by z28cp
It is currently listed as Corvette (84-96) and Corvette ZR1 (all). Thus, you can already use the early rack. I have never heard it said that the ZR1 had a different rack than any other 84-96 Corvette. Does it??.
Because the ZR-1 and 84-96 are on seperate lines, they cannot swap parts.

The ZR-1 came with the slow steering rack, only the early Z51 cars had the quick ratio rack.

Deleting the line item "Corvette ZR1 (all)" would leave simply "Corvette (84-96)" and therefore allow the rack in a ZR-1.

HTH,
- Jeff
Old 01-10-2008, 04:11 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by z28cp
It is currently listed as Corvette (84-96) and Corvette ZR1 (all). Thus, you can already use the early rack. I have never heard it said that the ZR1 had a different rack than any other 84-96 Corvette. Does it??

DaveZ.
The 84-96 and ZR-1 listings are on different lines, just like the C3 and C2, the ZR-1 all means 90-95. You can not use parts from a car on another line. What they are looking at doing is making it just 84-96 all C4s. The ZR-1 can not use the 13-1 rack from an 84-89 under the current listing.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:02 PM
z28cp
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, for some reason I was looking at it the other direction, using something off of the ZR1 on the non-ZR1 cars... I'll go back to my cave now... LOL

DaveZ.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Jim_Harrison
Racer

When I get a little time this weekend, I'll send them a note. Now if we could just get the Rally cars out of the class.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:04 PM
batchman
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jim_Harrison
When I get a little time this weekend, I'll send them a note. Now if we could just get the Rally cars out of the class.
Thanks for the support, and AMEN to a rally car class....

PS to DaveZ, getting them all on one line item would allow ZR-1 stuff on regular C4. Pretty hard to use though as you'd need the trans, wiring harness, ECU, fuel management etc - it's all different. And while the wide rear fits 335's nicely, I think the Gran Sport flares are probably similar but a lot simpler/cheaper.

Cheers,
- Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To SCCA Solo BSP rules change sought

Quick Reply: SCCA Solo BSP rules change sought