Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hyper-3A Leatherette racing seats $376/pair

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:55 PM
mark b
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hyper-3A Leatherette racing seats $376/pair

Do they fit the C5 interior? Does anyone have these? They are on shophyperformance.com they have great deals on many racing seats, very affordable.. Im thinking of getting these for my c5 coupe but I want to make sure they fit. They are listed as universal fitting/w sliders... also Im curious if you can use the stock seatbelt setup.. thanks shophyperformance

Last edited by mark b; 01-10-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:10 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Dead Link

Stay away from cheap seats.

You do not really want leather or leatherett as a race seat.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Tintin
Cartoon Character
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is the linkski:

http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/

Leather is too slippery for the track

I also note that none of the seats talk about SFI.. not a good thing...

Last edited by Tintin; 01-10-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:52 PM
mark b
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Dead Link

Stay away from cheap seats.

You do not really want leather or leatherett as a race seat.
I know what you mean by slippery, but I have been tracking with my stock standard leather seats and they are fine except for extreme cornering where Im leaning against the door I need more support. which seats do you suggest? Im also on a budget.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:53 PM
mark b
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tintin
here is the linkski:

http://www.shophyperformance.com/cgi-bin/hp/

Leather is too slippery for the track

I also note that none of the seats talk about SFI.. not a good thing...
whats SFI?
Old 01-10-2008, 06:00 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

376 a pair tells me CHINA
Old 01-10-2008, 06:04 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.sfifoundation.com/

you know your getting something that meets standards
Old 01-10-2008, 06:31 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Put some tool box rubber liner on the seat bottom. That will help you not slide around

Seats, Kirkey or Ultra-shield. Plus hard bar mounts

The other thing some guys do is go buy one Hockey knee pad. put it on your left knee, then rotate the pad part to the out side of your knee. This should give you some extra support with your left knee against the door or speaker.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 01-10-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:45 PM
mark b
Burning Brakes

thanks for the input guys...Im looking at the corbeau A4's and they have leatherette padding on them too on the wear areas, but the seat is cloth...whats wrong with getting a fake leather seat that looks like leather? my stockers are leather. my car is street driven too and I want to upgrade the interior but still have good supporting seats for track events...could it be that you are just paying for the name? Im really tempted to see how these OMZ hyper 3A seats are .. maybe they would do the job for alot less money.. I will be talking to someone at that company about them and see if anyone with a C5 has bought them.. I have time, track season starts in April

and I dont think that putting rubber strips on my seats will stop me from leaning against the door during hard right cornering, Im still firmly in my seat but sometimes I have to lean into the door to not fight the G forces. I remember being pretty sore in my shoulder area the day after tracking at the Glen because I was absorbing all the g's. left hand turns are not as much an issue because the center console is there. I also like the fact that they have no name on them
Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Leather and fake leather are flammable.

Most of the cloth race seats are treated with Proban or some other fire retardant
Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
376 a pair tells me CHINA
Indonesia!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:05 AM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mark b
I know what you mean by slippery, but I have been tracking with my stock standard leather seats and they are fine except for extreme cornering where Im leaning against the door I need more support. which seats do you suggest? Im also on a budget.

http://www.subesports.com/products/c...bra/prodID/658

Try the Cobra Monaco. Best for the money. I know alot of people,including myself, who use and really like the seat. I've seen in in C4's and C5's. I would contact Gary @ Hardbar to see if he has sliders that will work and use this as a track setup. You could leave your stock seat in most of the time and swap this in for the track. It's up to current FIA standards as well. It's not classified under " Cheap Racing Seats" either. Good luck!

Al
Old 01-11-2008, 11:11 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTO_X_AL
http://www.subesports.com/products/c...bra/prodID/658

Try the Cobra Monaco. Best for the money. I know alot of people,including myself, who use and really like the seat. I've seen in in C4's and C5's. I would contact Gary @ Hardbar to see if he has sliders that will work and use this as a track setup. You could leave your stock seat in most of the time and swap this in for the track. It's up to current FIA standards as well. It's not classified under " Cheap Racing Seats" either. Good luck!

Al
Hey Al, do you have these in your C4? I need something for mine but have problems due to my height - lots of the racing seats are too big and my head hits the roof with a helmet on.

If you have them or know of someone who does would you mind measuring the bottom to the top of the headrest? I'd be much oblidged.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:19 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Though there are some good parts made in different areas of Asia I have yet to see a seat I would buy from there unless made in Japan or by a Japanese company in another country and then would check them carefully before buying.

Be careful when you read the word "racing" it is used far to often out of context. There is only one reclining seat I have ever heard of certified for racing

If you want comfortable and supportive seats for the track Recaro Speed and SRD are my personal favorites but if you are really serious then you will only go with a fixed back, certified seat that will not fail during an incident.

The Kirky and others like them are very reasonably priced and you only need one unless you take an instructor along.

My favorite track seats are Racetech, I have 3 so far

If you are going to use a harness then I highly advise, even though the Vettes have pretty decent roll over protection, to get a roll bar and not a harness bar. In some areas of the country harness bars are not allowed with harnesses on the track, for good reason.

Do it right buddy, someday you and or your family may be glad you did

Rick
Old 01-11-2008, 04:58 PM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
Hey Al, do you have these in your C4? I need something for mine but have problems due to my height - lots of the racing seats are too big and my head hits the roof with a helmet on.

If you have them or know of someone who does would you mind measuring the bottom to the top of the headrest? I'd be much oblidged.

We have one. Both drivers are 6'3'' or taller.

Here's all the dimensions to all of Cobra's race seats. Best bang for the buck by far IMO.

http://www.subesports.com/products/?option=seats
Old 01-11-2008, 05:00 PM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Originally Posted by ScaryFast

You should come out to a CCM autocross and check out the setup to see what you think. Kill some cones too!

We play in your back yard at Pol town.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:24 AM
mark b
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Leather and fake leather are flammable.

Most of the cloth race seats are treated with Proban or some other fire retardant
Well I wasnt thinking about that. But the stockers are leather and they are flammable too.. thanks for all the replies.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:20 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I saw some killer deals on OG racing's website this morning...

A couple of closeouts for under $300, reputable brands.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:38 PM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mmmm I like the Sparco Roadster's on close-out

Get notified of new replies

To Hyper-3A Leatherette racing seats $376/pair

Quick Reply: Hyper-3A Leatherette racing seats $376/pair