Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else going to roebling today (this weekend) for the PCA event?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Anyone else going to roebling today (this weekend) for the PCA event?

I'm heading out around noon to run with the PCA guys.. I've heard its a nice group of fellas... anyone else heading out that way?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:16 AM
kwhiteside
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that was a Porsche or BMW club. Do they let Vette guys participate??
Old 01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
mpowers
Advanced

I have a friend out there for the first time and I was thinking about swinging by to see how he is doing. Little depends on the weather since there is a good chance of rain I may let him drown by himself

k, For as long as you pay they will let you play.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

The rain made running on sat. fun... sunday we got to get in to it much more!!

they'll let any car type run.. very nice fella's! I've got some pictures of some of the vettes that were there this weekend.. I'll post'em later this week!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:08 PM
racerjon1
Racer

I was out there on Friday - Instructing Bob in the Green GT3 RS.. didn't stick around for the weekend though.

Jon
Old 01-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

yea, bob mentioned it.. said you helped him a bunch.. Alan Bracken and Craig were great instructors this weekend - real stand up fellas!!! Damn that little black 86 911 of craigs' is FAST!!! felt great.. didnt get passed all weekend!! Best part is no mechanicals!! I also had the benefit of lapping a 2007 Z06 with slicks on for a session and another session with a 2006 911 C4S (our One lap car this year).. both felt great.. but damn does that Z06 kick butt.. its so easy to drive.. it thrives on speed!! I'll post pics this week if jason has a chance to upload them! I got lots of shots of all the Corvettes that were there.. (even that longhorn vette.. ) so keep your eyes posted!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:39 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

It was great to see so many Corvettes at Roebling this weekend. Saturday was definitely a learning experience! My first time in the rain, but a great opportunity to work on the line and car control.

I've run most of my events with PCA,and am a PCA member thanks to my wife. All makes of cars are always welcome. Of course there's some good natured rivalry, but if you are a true "car guy" you gotta love being on the track side-by-side with a Porsche GT3 RSR.

Looked to me like Jon did a great job teaching Bob. He was fast even in the rain.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
racerjon1
Racer

Originally Posted by JimbeauZ06
Looked to me like Jon did a great job teaching Bob. He was fast even in the rain.
Thank you, I do have to admit to you guys it wasn't his first time in the rain either. The October SeatTime Day was wet, and that was his first day on track in the RS, so we got to work together then also. He is also naturally relaxed in tense situations, and it helps him when the wet stuff starts falling.

I am glad to see you guys got some wet time as well, I really think it is the best time for learning. A few years ago at the SCCA Double School at Savannah it rained the entire four days, and I think it was probably the best group of students we ever turned out. Rain not only teaches you smoothness and paitence, but also to go find other places on the track where there is grip - something that helps a lot when it's time to go play in traffic.

Jon K
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

bob did have one nice 4 wheel off experience last weekend!! He did indeed push to the edge!!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:30 PM
racerjon1
Racer

Originally Posted by 383_BluByU
bob did have one nice 4 wheel off experience last weekend!! He did indeed push to the edge!!
He called and told me about that, "That's not the place I wanted to go off," he said.

The instructor riding with him siad he did perfect, and he said he actually doubled down early cause he didn't want to try to save it and mess it up so he just let it go.

I had been teaching him the day before how to use the throttle to save a loose car, so I was glad he didn't try it then.

Jon K
Old 01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

He was coming back on the track as I came out of T9 so I knew he'd gone off, but I admire the cojones it took to push it there. I got loose in 4, 5 and 6 but I was "drivin miss daisy" through 9 all day.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:02 PM
MongoZ06
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Saturday was definately an interesting day, the rain helped me realize that I can push my car a little harder than I thought and maintain better control.
Sunday though was a blast, everyone was flying around the track when the sun had a chance to come out and dry everything off.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Bob did REAL good and everyone had a great time.. Damn I love that GT3 RS!!! Another friend lost it late in the afternoon in his C6 Z06 at T9 and nearly kissed the wall.. slid sideways down the beginning of the straight,... luckly he made a quick adjustment saving the car and putting it in the grass!!! I'm sure the pucker factor was high!!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like fun. That PCA group used to be a good one to hang with. Free imported beer and pizza in the evening.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Timz06
Sounds like fun. That PCA group used to be a good one to hang with. Free imported beer and pizza in the evening.

Yeah, unfortunately the guy (who shall remain nameless) in charge of the beer commited an unforgiveable sin and has been cast out. So it was draft lite beer and hotel pizza this time. Still a good time and great people.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else going to roebling today (this weekend) for the PCA event?

Quick Reply: Anyone else going to roebling today (this weekend) for the PCA event?