Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodridge or StopTech brake lines..

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:47 AM
stano
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodridge or StopTech brake lines..

Any big difference between the two? I'm changing rotors and pads and thought that would be a good time to change the lines as well. I'm using Motul RBF 600
Old 01-21-2008, 12:06 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the DRM lines. That way if you ever go to a better brake caliper all you have to do is change the fitting on the line instead of buying new lines...
Old 01-21-2008, 12:08 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

I had goodridges on one of my old cars and loved them. I'd also say that 90% of stainless lines are the same, so I'd honestly buy the cheaper ones.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:29 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the StopTech lines have a clear tube over the stainless braid. That may prevent dirt from getting past the braid. I'm not sure if this is a big issue or not.

From StopTech's web site:

StopTech brake lines feature a Clear Abrasion Resistant Cover for maximum protection against chaffing.

I don't know if the others have the cover or not.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:34 PM
stano
Safety Car

Thanks everyone, I went with the DRM brake lines.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:02 AM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Until you put some serious miles on your stock brake lines, there is no significant performance gain in switching to braided lines.

Our braided lines also have the layer cover over the stainless braid that resists abraision.

We usually stock them in two colors. Red and Smoke.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:55 AM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Usually, someone responds with the suggestion to get -AN fittings vice banjo fittings and pick lines based on that.
I wanted covered lines when I went to SS in '05 ... and got StopTech with Banjo ends because I couldn't / didn't find -AN with covered lines ATT. CW is still with -AN but the StopTech's have been fine.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had Goodridge S.S. brake lines with my stock calipers, until I did the Wilwood upgrade. I like them, easy to install, and pedal feel was good. I can't compare to the others, but would recommend the Goodridge based on my experience with them.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:43 PM
coolnick
Advanced

Goodridge has been selling faulty SS line kits for Evolutions for years now, but they are still selling the kits. You have to call them and request the correct fittings after you find out they do not seal properly in the rear. If that isn't shady I don't know what is. I will never buy another product from them ever again.

Oh yeah I own an Evo.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

I have the goodridge lines on my 03. Ever since they were installed I feel like the pedal is not as good as it should be. I have double and tripple checked all the connections are good. I finally found that the left rear was wet. I have since pulled the fitting off and re-installed it. They feel alot better but still are not the "super firm" pedal that I expected. Guess I will have to upgrade the calipers to get that feeling.
If I were to buy another set I would be getting the stoptech lines.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:40 PM
Mrpresident
Advanced

Default Update

Anyone got updated preferences of stoptech vs goodridge lines. About to buy some.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:32 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

Essex Spiegler lines are good. Just be careful, I’m constantly seeing lines installed incorrectly. If you put them on wrong the brand won’t matter
Old 03-02-2020, 08:55 AM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

Spiegler lines are the highest quality lines available today. We have them for the C5, C6, and C7. They are a bit more expensive than the other brands mentioned, but they're still cheaper than a set of brake pads. They're made from Swiss and American components, and fully assembled and tested in Ohio. They have a cool swivel feature on the fittings that allow you to install them without tension and twisting, a clear abrasion coating, extremely hard fittings that won't deform like butter when you wrench on them, etc. You can see details on our site: Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines for Corvettes
Old 03-03-2020, 04:15 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

I prefer the Essex/Spiegler hoses.
The following users liked this post:
JRitt@essex (03-12-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 10:03 PM
Mrpresident
Advanced

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
Spiegler lines are the highest quality lines available today. We have them for the C5, C6, and C7. They are a bit more expensive than the other brands mentioned, but they're still cheaper than a set of brake pads. They're made from Swiss and American components, and fully assembled and tested in Ohio. They have a cool swivel feature on the fittings that allow you to install them without tension and twisting, a clear abrasion coating, extremely hard fittings that won't deform like butter when you wrench on them, etc. You can see details on our site: Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines for Corvettes
Went ahead and purchased from the link. They were about the same price as the others, like Goodridge. Parents went to college in Dayton, so I will support you guys since I saw Dayton on the website too.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:53 AM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrpresident
Went ahead and purchased from the link. They were about the same price as the others, like Goodridge. Parents went to college in Dayton, so I will support you guys since I saw Dayton on the website too.
Thank you very much for your support! You won't be disappointed.

Get notified of new replies

To Goodridge or StopTech brake lines..

Quick Reply: Goodridge or StopTech brake lines..