Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

koni fully adjustable shocks worth the price ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:04 PM
2003silvercorvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default koni fully adjustable shocks worth the price ?

so i have bilstein sport shocks right now and was looking to upgrade and came across the koni fully adjustable shocks for 899 and was wonder if they are good for the price or if there was a better option to go with. I would like to stay at 1 grand or less.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:05 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

My buddy has a set of 3013's that have about 2 track days on them. They are the new style that is inverted. He went to coilovers. I believe he is selling them for $650 plus shipping. If your interested, I will find out where they are and take pictures. It might be a couple of weeks, because he's out of town.

Steve
Old 01-23-2008, 09:21 PM
2003silvercorvette
Instructor

i might be interested once i find out how people like the performance of them, so id like to wait and see what people say before i would ask you to get pics or anything, but thank you and i will let you know
Old 01-23-2008, 10:39 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The KONI 3013Sports are the new inverted ones. They're not "fully adjustable" ... they're Single Adjustable. And that's just for rebound. I currently have KONI 3013Sports on my car and I don't like them much. I need to call some folks to see if it's just me or not...

For $1600 (I think, ask ghoffman) HardbarUSA can build you Penske 7500s... their website says $400 (per shock) for the 7500s. For $1790 there are the Pfadt coilovers. The non-adjustable Bilsteins are considerably less and a lot of folks love them. MSI has QA1s for $930.

Bilstein will revalve their shocks for a reasonable price, too. I think I figured you could revalve the Bilsteins two or three times before you got to the cost of some of the options...
Old 01-23-2008, 11:30 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

I added the Koni Singles to my autocross Z just before I sold it, but I ran about 4 events with them and I was very happy with them. If you are ready to upgrade shocks - meaning that shocks are now what's holding you back from going faster - I think they're a good value. I never got to use them on the big track, just for autoX. If you're looking for a semi-tunable shock for under $1k, I'm not sure you have a lot of other decent options - so go for it!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:45 AM
SteveC6R
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They work for me but I just do the cone thing.

Get notified of new replies

To koni fully adjustable shocks worth the price ?

Quick Reply: koni fully adjustable shocks worth the price ?