Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moroso race event - March 1st & 2nd

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:54 PM
pr1mu5
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moroso race event - March 1st & 2nd

Hey everyone,

I just found out that there will be an autocross event at Moroso Motorsports park in March.

I've never raced before, but have always wanted to try.

Anyone else going to this thing? From the site:
On Saturday March 1, there will be a 40-minute sprint races with 25-minute practice and qualifying sessions. On Sunday March 2, there will be two 30- minute Sprint Races with one 25-minute Practice session. Cost for Sat/Sun Sprint Races is $400. A one-day Race entry for Saturday is $275. A one-day Race entry for Sunday is $300.

So does that mean on Saturday, I get to race a 25 minute practice session, another 25 minute qualify session, and then a 40-minute sprint race? Or if I don't qualify, I don't get the 40 minute sprint race?

Just wondering what 'bang' I'm getting for my buck...

And since i'm not licensed, anyone here want to sit in my 94 Polo Green and give me some pointers?

John
Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM
bcstonic
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't sound like a autocross to me. Sounds like a event using the roadcourse. Who is putting it on?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:20 PM
pr1mu5
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, maybe I mean roadcourse... not sure what the difference is

It's being held by PBOC, I think... in conjunction with PCA Gold Coast?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:38 AM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

March 1st & 2nd at Moroso is a road racing event put on by PBOC Florida Region. You must be a licensed racer to be able to participate in these races. You can attend a 2 day driving school to get licensed if you have previous experience. Go to http://www.corvetteracingschool.com for more information and dates.
The local PCA Club is putting on the drivers-ed program the same weekend so those who don't have a racing license can go out on the track with an instructor and do some lapping. For more information on the event go to http://www.pbocflorida.com
There are a fair amount of Corvette's that show up to race and do driver-ed. The Corvette school has rental cars available if you don't want to track your own car.
Old 07-16-2021, 12:02 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

@Wicked Weasel Hey Wicked, you could of introduced yourself as I should have. So, close yet so far. I'm going tracking at the Glen in October if your interested? Darren (Blue GS) and I will there all weekend. Good Race, got sun burned something terrible, but I'm repaired and track ready.
Cheers
Boxcar-7

Get notified of new replies

To Moroso race event - March 1st & 2nd

Quick Reply: Moroso race event - March 1st & 2nd