Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gary from hardbar ROCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gary from hardbar ROCKS!

So after trying 2 different seat mounts I finally realize that I need the hardbar to be able to fit my Evo 2+ into the vette. I get the mount, go to install it and have a few questions. I email Gary about 45 min ago and trade emails with him for 20 minutes or so. I got ALL the answers to my stupid questions (there were LOTS of them) very quickly and this late at night!!!

Gary YOU ROCK!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:20 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Yep, Gary rocks!!!

Frank Gonzalez
Old 01-31-2008, 08:11 AM
astock165
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary lives nearby and we talk often. I've come to believe the man doesn't sleep. I'm trying to figure out how he does it.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Great guy. He's one of those technical guys that actually has good human interaction skills as well.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I called Gary with a few questions and he spent an hour with me sharing his experience and pros vs. cons of different set ups. Really helpful in getting me started.

So I ordered the hardbar, lap belt mounts, and camera mount from him and he dropped it off at my house personally. Showed me all the tricks to pulling the Vette seats, belts, and trim panels.

Every once and a while there is an advantage to owning a Vette in New Hampshire!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:44 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Thanks so much. I am fortunate that my passion is my living, and I live and breathe Corvettes. I grew up 3 blocks from Duntov (yes really!) and he always had time after a long day to talk and answer lots of stupid questions from a kid. I had no idea at the time who Mr. Duntov really was but he had time for me so I like to "pay it forward" if I can.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:42 PM
David A
Instructor

I absolutely agree, Gary is one of the best. He has taken great care of me and totally patient with my infantile questions. It's very easy to see exactly why he is such an asset to the Corvette community at large and even more so to us here on CF.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:00 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Gary and I linked up back in 03 I believe (using his camber kit) and we've been good friends ever since. He's even come to the Runoffs to help me out too. He's sharp as a tack and has been a huge help to me over the years!!

Now we just have to figure out how to deflate his head after all this praise!!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Gary from hardbar ROCKS!

Quick Reply: Gary from hardbar ROCKS!