Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

setting cold tire pressure for Thunderbolt

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:43 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default setting cold tire pressure for Thunderbolt

In the past I've set my cold tire pressure for my C6Z06 to 32psi front and 30 psi rear during HPDE's. I'm using Michelin PSZP's. I've never run on the Thunderbolt course at NJMSP nor have I run during the colder months such as November. Can anyone suggest another setting for this track and should I change my cold pressure because of the colder temperatures of November
Old 10-23-2008, 07:55 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I ran at thunderbolt, during the summer months and I didnt change my pressure for that track"C5Z"
I would suggest feeling the track out and checking temps after your first easy session, then after your 2nd session after you pick up some speed.
Good luck and be safe.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:25 PM
tmak26b
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At 30psi all around, my car worked best. At 28psi, the tires wouldnt heat up until I hit 3 laps. Just make sure you warm up your tires completely before you start pushing it. I still have hay stuck under my radiator
Old 10-23-2008, 08:36 PM
SHOCheapRacing
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I just ran there Tuesday/Wednesday. I had set the fronts to 30 and rears to 31 on original F1's. I was happy with the traction and wear. Bring your goggles for the dust storms. It was windy and sand/dust was flying every place.

I think it was 60ish Tuesday and high 50's on Wednesday. I did not change the tire pressures over the two days.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:11 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

I usually start out at 28-29psf cold and during some good lapping it runs in the mid-30s on Toyo RA1's.

Any higher cold temp and the running temps start to get into the high 30's.

Adjust during the day as needed and park next to the garages if you want extra paved area to work, otherwise you'll be in the dust/mud.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:22 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback, with the reports of sand, dust and wind someone should tell NJMSP to have camel races

Get notified of new replies

To setting cold tire pressure for Thunderbolt

Quick Reply: setting cold tire pressure for Thunderbolt