Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final 10/10ths Motorsports event of the year Nov. 1 Putnam Park

Old 10-25-2008, 08:28 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Final 10/10ths Motorsports event of the year Nov. 1 Putnam Park

The entry list is filling nicely, the event is a week from today and the weather looks to be perfect. They are saying a high of 68 degrees and a morning low of 52....Sun all day long. Couldn't ask for better conditions. Great for the cars, great for the drivers.

There are still spots available, and as always there will be top-notch instruction for newbies and veterans alike ....The talent of the instructors scheduled to be at this event is strong so dont miss out. Additionally the inaugural event at the new Bluegrass Motorsports Park next April will be open initially to previous 10/10ths registrants and that event will sell out in hours.

Bill Neal is motivated to have every 10/10ths registrant to be a completely satisfied customer , which he has not failed on yet, nor will he. Events are run very professionally. If you enter , you will be impressed with the organization , amount of quality track time that you receive, and level of instruction that you receive.

If you are testing or dont need instruction the red group is an open passing group for the seasoned veterans. A freedom that is not often found at these venues. Not racing, just open passing

Anyhow look forward to seeing those that have already entered , and look forward to meeting /instructing those of you who are about to.

http://www.1010drive.citymax.com/11_...istration.html

Last edited by RAFTRACER; 10-25-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Z06_505
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
The entry list is filling nicely, the event is a week from today and the weather looks to be perfect. They are saying a high of 68 degrees and a morning low of 52....Sun all day long. Couldn't ask for better conditions. Great for the cars, great for the drivers.

There are still spots available, and as always there will be top-notch instruction for newbies and veterans alike ....The talent of the instructors scheduled to be at this event is strong so dont miss out. Additionally the inaugural event at the new Bluegrass Motorsports Park next April will be open initially to previous 10/10ths registrants and that event will sell out in hours.

Bill Neal is motivated to have every 10/10ths registrant to be a completely satisfied customer , which he has not failed on yet, nor will he. Events are run very professionally , if you enter , you will be impressed with the organization , amount of quality track time that you receive, and level of instruction that you receive.

If you are testing or dont need instruction the red group is an open passing group for the seasoned veterans. A freedom that is not often found at these venues. Not racing, just open passing

Anyhow look forward to seeing those that have already entered , and look forward to meeting /instructing those of you who are about to.

http://www.1010drive.citymax.com/11_...istration.html
Well said Danny...and if that's not enough, he has those nifty door prizes he hands out after the drivers meetings....no beer cozy's or key chains for Bill...cool gearhead stuff!

...if he could only drive.....
Old 10-25-2008, 10:57 AM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by Z06_505
Well said Danny...and if that's not enough, he has those nifty door prizes he hands out after the drivers meetings....no beer cozy's or key chains for Bill...cool gearhead stuff!

...if he could only drive.....:rofl:
Laugh it up now pal
Your day is soon coming

Weather forcast right now is about perfect.
Looks like Mother Nature does not have the keesters to take 10/10ths on once again.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:24 AM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Current weather forecast
Not much chance of anything but perfect weather

Old 10-27-2008, 07:34 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Weather report is not changing, stellar weather for the last event . Looks like we picked up 6-7 entrants in the last two days, and that leaves 6-7 spots open before it is full..........Bill does not over book his events , so if you have interest your opportunity is running out. Register before it is too late, this is the last one of the year. The "Spooktrackular" event is going to be rockin'

Just started repairing my car yesterday from the damage that was created at the NASA Nationals.......Couple of suspension components , some plastic pieces, some duct tape , and presto......I'll be striping Putnam Park all day long with Hoosier......I can't wait

Maybe Bill's next weather situation can be drought
Old 10-27-2008, 02:57 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Should be a great day. These are the best run DE events I have ever witnessed.

Holy track time......Plus some stellar instructors available.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Weather report is not changing, stellar weather for the last event . Looks like we picked up 6-7 entrants in the last two days, and that leaves 6-7 spots open before it is full..........Bill does not over book his events , so if you have interest your opportunity is running out. Register before it is too late, this is the last one of the year. The "Spooktrackular" event is going to be rockin'
Ok, you twisted my arm. I'm in.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Wish I could be there. Definitely jealous of the lucky ones attending. Bill puts on a great event!!! Have great time.

Sam, good luck with the new rear wheels and shoes.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:29 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Green group is FULL !!!

About 4 spots left in the Yellow Group
About 5 spots left in the Red Group

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the track and Thank You to those who have registered.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by WNeal
Green group is FULL !!!

About 4 spots left in the Yellow Group
About 5 spots left in the Red Group

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the track and Thank You to those who have registered.
GREEN GROUP IS FULL
RED GROUP IS FULL

Advanced or intermediate drivers can sign up for the remaining 4 spots in yellow

thanks everyone
Bill
Old 10-28-2008, 11:35 PM
gtldvm
Instructor

I'm looking forward to my first HPDE. I haven't tackled track events as my Solo car is a convertible (ask Raftracer about it). My new STOCK Z06 should be fun with which to get my feet wet. I'll be the middle-aged guy in the Red Z, looking lost and listening a lot. By the end of the day I imagine you'll only be seeing my fillings and crown because of the SEG on my face!

See all of you Saturday,
Old 10-29-2008, 05:58 AM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by gtldvm
I'm looking forward to my first HPDE. I haven't tackled track events as my Solo car is a convertible (ask Raftracer about it). My new STOCK Z06 should be fun with which to get my feet wet. I'll be the middle-aged guy in the Red Z, looking lost and listening a lot. By the end of the day I imagine you'll only be seeing my fillings and crown because of the SEG on my face!

See all of you Saturday,
If drive on a roadcourse as good as you autox, you are not going to have any problems
Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

I think that all 3 of the rock-star autocrossers that we have listed in the green group will progress very quickly into the yellow group......of course I may be somewhat prejudice.

Seriously, as long as going FAST doesn't freak them out, they possess the skills to excel.

Cant wait until Saturday....the blue rocket is shaping up, probably will be a complete sell out crowd, the weather is going to be good. One last good chance to hang out with our buddies before the winter solstice sets in and the winter mods begin.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Still looking like great weather.

Saturday's current predicted high of 68° with sun!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:22 PM
gtldvm
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
Still looking like great weather.

Saturday's current predicted high of 68° with sun!
Man, I need to watch YOUR weather station, and hope they are right. Everything I see says 61 degrees as a high. Still, it isn't freezing, but that 7 degrees would make a big difference! I hope you're right.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I wish I could make it!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:04 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bill,

Sorry I can't make this one to help instruct bud, just not in the cards right now with work. Have a good time and everyone drive safe, well, fast and safe!

Joe

Get notified of new replies

To Final 10/10ths Motorsports event of the year Nov. 1 Putnam Park

Old 10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

I believe the event has become a complete sell-out....... Bill will confirm I am sure sometime soon........We may be able to fit one or two , but no newbs...we have enough of them for this event . Exciting that so many newbies want to experience road courses.

This is a testimate to Bill's "field of dreams" , if you build it, they will come. We did.....and they are

Wait 'til next year.....

Last edited by RAFTRACER; 10-29-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Cr0usEEE
Heel & Toe

so...who is the 3rd autox'er???? =P

BTW, I am bringing my old set of v710's and my streets just in case. Car is prepped and ready to go with my homemade brake ducting.

Of course its not a corvette...but it has big wide tires =)

Now I just hope my Hawk HPS's hold up.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 PM
gtldvm
Instructor

John, I just got back from Danny's (raftracer) shop after he gave me a lesson in changing the brake pads on the Z06...sure isn't as easy as the C5! Anyway, he got the brake and clutch fluid swapped out with Castrol SRF, so I'm finally ready. By the way, he had some take-off brake pads in a box for me to bring to you, but I forgot them. I'll ask him to remember to stick them in his trailer for you.

See you VERY early Saturday AM...we'll make it a quick drive from Kentucky to Putnam!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Final 10/10ths Motorsports event of the year Nov. 1 Putnam Park