Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bushings wanted Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
BOUT X
Corvette Cowboy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Default New Bushings wanted Help

Hello autocrossers I felt it would be good to post in here my question.

I have a 2000 c5 coupe came with F45 suspension all has been changes. I have 08 Z06 Shocks 2002 ZO6 Front sway bar Z51 rear sway bar I run stoptech rotors with Hawk HPS Pads car is lowered and is balanced with me in the car. This is a street car I dont track car it has 60k on speedo all other work was done at 40k car puts 465 to the rear wheels.

My question is I want to replace all my control arm bushings I want a car that is a good road car driving in the mountains. What bushings would you recommend I have a lead on a set of VBP Kit for 260.00 brand new is this a good set for the street. I want a set that doesn't make noise or is to stiff just a guy that wants good stuff.

please recommend a quality set for a street car. I will be doing this myself over the winter I have all the tools needed as I own a Machine shop.

Dale
Old 11-02-2008, 07:33 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

VB&P makes the best bushings. I have tried the other brand without success. VB&P bushing are pretty easy to install and do what they are suppose to. Don't kid yourself in thinking that your car is going to handle any better. On paper yes, in reality no. The fronts don't make any noise. The rear makes lots of noise. Unless you have a dedicated race car, don't do it.

Steve
Old 11-02-2008, 08:32 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

If you're concerned at all about noise, don't do it. Personally I don't care, so my street car has the VB&P bushings in. If i had the coin, I'd drop a set of spherical bearings in.

Buy a new set of arms with the T1 bushings in them, you'll be happier.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

For your kind of driving, if you go to the VBP bushings, just put in the upper bushings. On your front lower bushing, punch out the rear one on each side and reverse them. For street and touring the lower bushings are to rigid and offer no compliance. I got this info from Danny Kellermeyer, a former crew chief for Corvette Challenge, who builds, races and modifies C4 and C5 vettes for road racing, autocrossing, etc.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Independent1
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Take a look at the new Pfadt bushings. My brother who follows this stuff closely seems to think they are the best. Something to do with their design so that the lube, which prevents the squeaking, seems to stay better.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:44 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check out my post:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1567742408

LOTS of parts for sale, including a complete VBP poly bushing kit. Rears already installed (asking to swap A-arms), never driven on.

Demodding/selling car.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:33 PM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The New PFADT bushings for me.

Get notified of new replies

To New Bushings wanted Help

Quick Reply: New Bushings wanted Help