Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last track event of the season...damn winter

Old 11-11-2008, 01:40 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Last track event of the season...damn winter

Well, last week I made it out to my last track day of the year. I had the best time this season in my car. Last year I did a handful of lapping days and decided I wanted to spend more time on a track and started to prep my car over the winter accordingly. I want to thank so many of you in this section who helped me determine what I wanted to do with my car over the last 18 months and to Devon Powell of Powell Motorsports who fixed, maintained and set up my car. Its amazing how much you can learn about setting up a car but also the mechanics of what makes you a better driver, this section rocks for that so thank you all.

Heres a vid of a couple laps of my last day at Mosport International. The advice thats always given here is "seat time...seat time ...seat time" Cant agree more, I got 11 events in this season..I am thrilled and broke

Looking forward to next season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-uUqSEp7Q Click "watch in high quality" under the vid

Last edited by GettReal; 11-11-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Great video, thanks for posting. The track looks like a lot of fun. I have to get up there and run an event next year.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve: Thanks for the great video of Mosport. No wonder that the Penski team with Mark Donahue driving and Sunoco sponsoring, loved to go to Mosport. I was involved with that bunch back in the late 60's and early 70's, but I never got to Mosport. It looks like a great lay-out and one that I would love to drive. Maybe I can get up there in 2009.

It was great meeting you at Watkins Glen back in September along with Greg and my sudent Lauri and the other Canada guys. Say hello to them for me. I hope you'll be able to get back to the Glen next year.

Have a good winter.

Jim
Old 11-11-2008, 09:33 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim 47
Steve: Thanks for the great video of Mosport. No wonder that the Penski team with Mark Donahue driving and Sunoco sponsoring, loved to go to Mosport. I was involved with that bunch back in the late 60's and early 70's, but I never got to Mosport. It looks like a great lay-out and one that I would love to drive. Maybe I can get up there in 2009.

It was great meeting you at Watkins Glen back in September along with Greg and my sudent Lauri and the other Canada guys. Say hello to them for me. I hope you'll be able to get back to the Glen next year.

Have a good winter.

Jim

Jim, it was an honor meeting you, you are truly a great guy and a great instructor. I had SOO much fun at the Glen and alot of it was due to your instruction. I know I can speak on behalf of all of us and say that we would love to host you all up here and if you'd like, we could help arrange a day with a group here that you could be part of. You will LOVE Mosport !! We have all talked about coming back to the Glen and its on our schedule to do a few trips down there next season so we'll see you again for sure.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:23 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Great video!!!

I know it's a way to come, but we've got a great event coming up here in Daytona Dec 12-14. Come on down!!!

Bob
Old 11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Steve,

You and Greg have infected me with the track bug too

I can't wait for next spring to really get into it ... and hopefully I'll be able to join you guys on one of the Watkin's Glenn trips.

Devon is putting a brake package together for me ... should have installed by the end of the week ... along with the new winter tires

Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Last track event of the season...damn winter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Last track event of the season...damn winter