Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPECIAL! – Quantum C5, C5 Z06, & Base C6 Competition Brake Cooling Ducts – NEW

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 01:33 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPECIAL! – Quantum C5, C5 Z06, & Base C6 Competition Brake Cooling Ducts – NEW

We are proud to introduce our new C5, C5 Z06 & Base C6 Competition Brake Cooling Kits. Along with the introduction we are offering forum members special pre-production discount pricing.

These ducts are designed to fit both the C5, C5 Z06 and C6 equipped with the base model braking system. These will not fit a C6 Z51.

This special is limited to only 20 kits.

Now for some more info on the kit:

The plates were designed in SolidWorks using CAD data direct from GM. Fit and finish is perfect.

Plates are made of 1/8” thick 6061-T6 aluminum, and the tube is 3” O.D. 6061-T6 with 1/8” wall. Welding process used: TIG. These will not bend, flex or break!

They install without removal of the hubs and use existing holes as mounting points. We supply an additional support bracket, (shown on the back side of the spindle) to secure the duct near the caliper.

We assure you they are VERY simple to install.

The kits include everything you need.

You will not find a higher quality duct for the Corvette.

Pre Production Forum Pricing:

Duct Plate Kit - $105.00 + Shipping

Street Kit - $135.00 + Shipping (includes black neoprene hose)

Race Kit - $165.00 + Shipping (includes orange silicone hose)

Mounting hardware is Grade 8 zinc coated. Overkill we know, but it doesn't cost us much more to supply better hardware so we do.

PLEASE NOTE: These plates are getting ready to go into production right now, which means they will not ship for 2-3 weeks so please be patient after you place your order.

This is a PRE-PRODUCTION special.

We accept all major credit cards and even have a toll free number: 1-888-422-9685.

To place your order give us a call and hit extension 1. Tell us that you want to C5/C6 competition ducts and specify if you just want the plate kit, street kit or race kit.

Remember we are limiting this special to 20 kits. After we get 20 orders that’s it. So get your order in early!

Finally please remember C5 cars not equipped with Doug Rippie Motorsports ducts will require them, base C6 cars not equipped with C6 Z06 ducts will require those as well to make these ducts completely functional.

Thanks,

Jon Lambert
Quantum Motorsports

Technical information on the hose:

Street Hose:

Neoprene coated polyester fabric mechanically bonded to an external wire to stand up to the rigors of everyday driving, an operating temperature range from -45 deg. F. to 250 deg. F, and a compression ratio of 6:1. Color is black.

Race Hose:

Silicon coated polyester fabric mechanically bonded to an external wire to stand up to the rigors of everyday driving, an operating temperature range from -45 deg. F. to 650 deg. F, and a compression ratio of 6:1. Color is orange.

Mechanically bonded means the fabric is actually crimped inside the wire during production. This means no glue to break down and cause the fabric to separate from the wire.

We recommend the street hose for the occasional track adventurer. Hard core track guys will want the race hose.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:32 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

And still no cooling ducts for us poor C4's :-(
Old 11-14-2008, 02:36 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jaa1992
They are coming... We will be working on them this winter. Promise.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Quantum_Motorsports
They are coming... We will be working on them this winter. Promise.
Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:00 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Where were you guys when I needed ducts. Mine required removal of the spindles / bearings for installation. The ease of installation will be a major positive in your favor !
Old 11-18-2008, 02:06 PM
ge2001
Instructor

Order placed, can't wait to get these on.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys need to pick up the phone... I left a message and have been calling for two days now with no answer.

with how quickly some business are going under these days I'm not so sure I want to leave a deposit with a company I can't even get a call back from, let alone get a hold of.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AlwaysInBoost
you guys need to pick up the phone... I left a message and have been calling for two days now with no answer.

with how quickly some business are going under these days I'm not so sure I want to leave a deposit with a company I can't even get a call back from, let alone get a hold of.
The person who takes our orders has been in and out of the office for the last few days with health issues. We are doing our best to address all calls but I am not in the office at all times either as I am out on consulting jobs.

I assure you we are not going under.

I also assure you we are not "taking deposits"

We do not charge for ANY product until is ships.

Also if your name is Mark, we had a difficult time making out the number you left on the voicemail....

We tried several numbers until we think we got the right one and have in turn left you a message.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaa1992
or the C6-Z51
Old 11-19-2008, 08:35 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vettealot
or the C6-Z51
We do have one that will fit the C6 Z51 here:http://www.quantummotorsports.com/C5...vette_Kits.htm

It is our universal C5/C6 kit. Fits no matter what brakes you are running. It is also very economical.

It is true that we do not have a "competition" kit to fit the C6 Z51. We have found that most guys that track the C6 Z51 hard downgrade the brakes, as the drilled rotors are prone to cracking. This is why we have designed this kit around the more universal base model brakes.

We also know that we have the Z51 owner covered with the product in the link above. It may not be a trick as our competition plate design but it will do the job for the occasional track outing and street car.

Thanks guys,

Jon

Last edited by Lambert_Automotive; 11-24-2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
Old 11-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

What problems arise when trying to use this kit on a Z51 spec model?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:00 AM
gintama
Instructor

Not everyone with a C6 Z51 is downgrading. Also, I have the DRM ducts. I like the better design, where the plate is more complete since I brake very hard. I was just in the process of ordering the spindle ducts from a competitor when I saw your post. I do not look forward to removing the wheel bearing, but feel a full plate design offers better cooling.

Any chance you would do a run for my setup?
Old 11-20-2008, 11:10 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Quantum_Motorsports
The person who takes our orders has been in and out of the office for the last few days with health issues. We are doing our best to address all calls but I am not in the office at all times either as I am out on consulting jobs.

I assure you we are not going under.

I also assure you we are not "taking deposits"

We do not charge for ANY product until is ships.

Also if your name is Mark, we had a difficult time making out the number you left on the voicemail....

We tried several numbers until we think we got the right one and have in turn left you a message.

Thanks for the quick response. I received a couple messages from you guys last night but wasn't able to respond. I'll be in touch this afternoon.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gintama
Not everyone with a C6 Z51 is downgrading. Also, I have the DRM ducts. I like the better design, where the plate is more complete since I brake very hard. I was just in the process of ordering the spindle ducts from a competitor when I saw your post. I do not look forward to removing the wheel bearing, but feel a full plate design offers better cooling.

Any chance you would do a run for my setup?
We would certainly consider a production run designed specifically to fit the C6 Z51 if enough demand were there.

If you could get a group of 10 people here together for a group purchase we would have no trouble doing a production run.

We would honor the same prices posted for these ducts for a future Z51 production run/group purchase.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:00 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered a set for my '04 Z06 this week. Can't wait for them to arrive. Winter project includes installing DRM brake ducts, new Pfadt SKF front wheel bearings, the Quantum spindel ducts, and a Phoenix front tow hook that's been sitting on the shelf for a year. I have a C6 shifter sitting on the shelf also that I bought for my prior Z. I'll probably get around to installing that as well.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:33 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

just placed my order!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:28 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Thanks for the orders guys!

Get notified of new replies

To SPECIAL! – Quantum C5, C5 Z06, & Base C6 Competition Brake Cooling Ducts – NEW

Old 11-20-2008, 09:04 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AlwaysInBoost
just placed my order!

Marc, I need to order some too, we can do mine after yours.
I still havent meet Luke yet either
Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

NP. I still need to order the DRM ducts to tie everything together.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:42 AM
gintama
Instructor

Do we have 10 people interested in a C6 Z51 package?

Quick Reply: SPECIAL! – Quantum C5, C5 Z06, & Base C6 Competition Brake Cooling Ducts – NEW