Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roebling Road

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:01 PM
navy99vert
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default Roebling Road

If any one needs any pit help at Roebling Road let me know. I live close to RR and would be glad to help. I live a few miles from it and would glad to help in any way I can. I want to get into road racing but would love to get a up close view
Thanks Joseph
Old 11-20-2008, 09:33 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Being so close to RR is a great excuse to become infected with this disease. But go ahead and say goodbye to all of your friends and family now because you may not remeber them a year from now.

Hey...didn't I buy your hood?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:36 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You may want to stop by next friday,saturday and sunday thanksgiving weekend. Corvette Atlanta is putting on some HS events there and there is usually around 80 vettes running doing time trials.

Nov 28th,29th & 30th. There is a one time $5 or $10 gate fee for the weekend I believe.

Aaron
Old 11-21-2008, 05:36 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rasrboy
You may want to stop by next friday,saturday and sunday thanksgiving weekend. Corvette Atlanta is putting on some HS events there and there is usually around 80 vettes running doing time trials.

Nov 28th,29th & 30th. There is a one time $5 or $10 gate fee for the weekend I believe.

Aaron
RRR charges $5 for non-SCCA events.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:59 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by varkwso
RRR charges $5 for non-SCCA events.
There ya go, thanks Jeff!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:55 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Corvette Atlanta is putting on some HS events there and there is usually around 80 vettes running doing time trials.
What exactly is a 'points sprint'?

Events 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 will be a 'points sprint' from staging (A) to road course start/finish (B).

Events 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 will be a flying start from (B) with a complete circuit back to (B)

Exit after complete circuit at (C). See diagram.

http://www.ncccsouth.com/Revised__Ro...2008_Flyer.doc
Old 11-21-2008, 01:45 PM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Pretty much a short take off run as you start the lap. There are two sets of timing lights. One set is for a short distance as you get going and the other set is for the lap on the track. So as you take off you trip a start light, then after the short "sprint" you trip a timing stop light that also marks the starting point for the full lap. There's another start light at that point to time the lap on the track tied to another stop light on the front straight.

You do two timed events each time you go out on the track. You accelerate through the sprint lights (first timed event) and keep going and make the lap (second timed event) tripping the second set of lights. You don't stop between the two events.

The sprint is used to see who gets off the start best. You might have a lot of HP but if you just sit and spin a driver that launches well could win the sprint portion of the event with less HP.

That's how it was explained to me. This is going to be my first time running there so my explanation is based on how it was explained to me and is subject to clarification / correction.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:18 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Perfect explaination!!!

Friday is a "test" day to get familiar with the track.

rasrboy - are you coming down???

See yall there!!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:49 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jwt1603
Pretty much a short take off run as you start the lap. There are two sets of timing lights. One set is for a short distance as you get going and the other set is for the lap on the track. So as you take off you trip a start light, then after the short "sprint" you trip a timing stop light that also marks the starting point for the full lap. There's another start light at that point to time the lap on the track tied to another stop light on the front straight.

You do two timed events each time you go out on the track. You accelerate through the sprint lights (first timed event) and keep going and make the lap (second timed event) tripping the second set of lights. You don't stop between the two events.

The sprint is used to see who gets off the start best. You might have a lot of HP but if you just sit and spin a driver that launches well could win the sprint portion of the event with less HP.

That's how it was explained to me. This is going to be my first time running there so my explanation is based on how it was explained to me and is subject to clarification / correction.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks. I can't find a contact number to see if there's any spaces still available. Does anyone know? Also, $200 registration...Is that for all 3 days? How many runs per day?

Last edited by sperkins; 11-21-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:53 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sperkins
Ok that makes sense. Thanks. I can't find a contact number to see if there's any spaces still available. Does anyone know? Also, $200 registration...Is that for all 3 days? How many runs per day?
Plenty of room left and yes the $200.00 is for all 3 days. You will get more runs than you can handle. Get your but down there.

Also the Wingate is the host hotel and has a special Corvette Atlanta rate of $79.00 per night. We are getting there wed afternoon and we are chipping in $10 each for a full turkey dinner Thursday afternoon at the hotel. All the ladies have volunteered to cook dinner.

Wingate Inn-Savannah
(Exit 94 off I- 95 State Road 204)
11 Gateway Blvd E
Savannah, GA. 31419
1-912-925-2525
Ask for ‘Corvette Club’ rate ($79.00)

Call her tonight or tomorrow.
Betty Parks
120 Pullman Trl -
Roswell, GA
Phone: 770-993-0271

jaa1992, Yes I am coming down with the T1 Z06. Look forward to having a cold one with you guys.

Betty Parks
120 Pullman Trl -
Roswell, GA

take care,

Aaron Quine
Old 11-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Betty Parks
120 Pullman Trl -
Roswell, GA
Aaron Quine
Aaron,
Is this who we call to register for the event... I think i've got an itch...
Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 PM
navy99vert
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by sperkins
Being so close to RR is a great excuse to become infected with this disease. But go ahead and say goodbye to all of your friends and family now because you may not remeber them a year from now.

Hey...didn't I buy your hood?
Yes you did
I plan on going to Daytona for the day Friday for Turkey Run, but I will definitely swing by Sat and Sun.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:27 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z06_BluByU
Aaron,
Is this who we call to register for the event... I think i've got an itch...
Yes it is! I am not sure if she is out of town racing this weekend but you can leave a message for her that you want to register. She may just say bring a check to the track even though it says pre registration only on the flyer. But just call Betty anyways to let her know your class info.

Keep itching and get registered. As always it's a good time and good people. Been going there since 1992 and love it.

Call me if you need anything.

Aaron 330-573-4338 Cell
Old 11-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Carolina C4 Racer
Pro

I'll be there too for the first time since 2005.
Hopefully the car & driver are ready to run but if not I'll bring extra beer.

Like Aaron said it it a really fun event.
See y'all Fri.

Get notified of new replies

To Roebling Road

Quick Reply: Roebling Road