Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona With Audi...Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Daytona With Audi...Roll Call

Ok, who's going? Nancy and I will be there this coming weekend. We will be staying at the track in the motorhome. We will be arriving sometime Wednesday night.

Bob
Old 12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I wish it was me but not. It is on my schedule for next year. Just need to get a trailer and some nads! Have fun and post some vids.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:24 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanmer
Ok, who's going? Nancy and I will be there this coming weekend. We will be staying at the track in the motorhome. We will be arriving sometime Wednesday night.

Bob
Bob

I'll see ya here!!!

I asked that question a couple days ago, but the thread got buried.

It looks to me like it will be you and me for sure.

Don O. and MNElectronBlue2002 have previously said they'll be here. Also urslooow had signed up but was waffling between Daytona or Sebring next weekend.

I got the schedule from Craig and it looks like there is a reception party Thurs, a BBQ Fri, and a banquet Sat, so the evening eating looks pretty well taken care of except for Wed.

What time will you be rolling into town Wed??? If it's early enough for some socializing/dining lets get together. Give me a call.

Your other brother Bob
cell: 386-589-6199
Old 12-09-2008, 04:22 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Bump

C'mon!! Who's coming besides Bob & Bob???

Especially, who will be here Wed evening for some socializing?

Bob
Old 12-09-2008, 04:42 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You will see the Mongoose shop Boys there running the Yellow GTP with the #50 Grand Sport for display purposes.

Their names are Bud and Steve and they are coming down in the Semi that has the shop cars, 2 Audi's and 1 Porsche from Ohio. I have other commitments so I was not able to make it.

Steve & Bud are newbies and trying to get experience so bare with them as the GTP may be going a lot slower than normal.

I told them to hook up with you experienced Corvette guys and follow them and learn, so I hope they listen & takes some advise.

You guys have fun,

Aaron Quine
Old 12-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

I know Randy Pobst and Ian Baas wil be there as well as a few other known racers. Of course they will be happy to drive your car for a fee.

Nancy, Jack, and I should be there between 6-7 pm Wed night. We are going to leave the motorhome & 2 trailers in the track parking lot and head for the condo. We are not sure if we will be up for socializing after 10 hours of dragging trailers. We'll see.

Bob
Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Kanmer
I know Randy Pobst and Ian Baas wil be there as well as a few other known racers. Of course they will be happy to drive your car for a fee.

Nancy, Jack, and I should be there between 6-7 pm Wed night. We are going to leave the motorhome & 2 trailers in the track parking lot and head for the condo. We are not sure if we will be up for socializing after 10 hours of dragging trailers. We'll see.

Bob
Yeah....I understand that!!

If you are up for dinner or just a beer, give me a call at the number in the post above.

Bob
Old 12-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Don O.
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Daytona

Yes I will be there late Thursday afternoon. I am spending the day at the PRI show in Orlando first.
I will not be running my car but will be running a 2008 yellow C6. My engine is out of my car right now and it's replacement did not show up in time, imagine that!

See you at the party Thurs. night.

Don
Old 12-09-2008, 08:36 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Don O.
Yes I will be there late Thursday afternoon. I am spending the day at the PRI show in Orlando first.
I will not be running my car but will be running a 2008 yellow C6. My engine is out of my car right now and it's replacement did not show up in time, imagine that!

See you at the party Thurs. night.

Don
Hmmmm.......yellow C6.....!?!?

Would it happen to have black stripes??? Are you renting it??? Is it the Hertz ZHZ rent-a-racer????

There were 2 rent-a-vettes at the PBOC event here on Nov 1-2. That seems like a pretty good way to do a track event if your own car isn't available!!

See you Thursday!!!

Bob
Old 12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
MNCrystalRed2011
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there, actually I'm already in town. Bez, I noticed I'm 2 garages down from you (I'm in #B41). Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow night at the reception, I'm sure I will at the track.

John

Last edited by MNCrystalRed2011; 12-10-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Daytona With Audi...Roll Call

Quick Reply: Daytona With Audi...Roll Call