Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy Insurance for your Street/Race Car??

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Brett Richmond
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Buy Insurance for your Street/Race Car??

If the price was right, would anyone who races their street car be willing to look into purchasing race car insurance that would cover your street car or dedicated race car for on track mishaps that are possible with this sport?? Someone out of my local club wrecked a C6 this past weekend and no on track coverage to speak of. My understanding of this accident was she hit a telephone pole guide wire and damage was substantial to the car. I just want to see what some of us racers are will ing to look into to pr purchase if the price is right??
Old 12-10-2008, 10:25 PM
TMyers
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I don't race much, mostly autocross, some drag racing and hopefully some track days in the future. But it would be nice to know my car is covered at the track.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:51 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

A while back I looked into this. It is available for about $200 - $250 per event on about $1200/year (IIRC)

I dont remember the carriers though. I bet a thorough search here would turn up something.

Get notified of new replies

To Buy Insurance for your Street/Race Car??

Quick Reply: Buy Insurance for your Street/Race Car??