Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

These rotors served me well

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:11 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Default These rotors served me well

I built these brakes back in 2002 for my '00 Vette and transferred to my '03 Z06 when I got it, had to remove them last weekend to trade in the car and took a pic. The setup/rotors had close to 60,000 street miles and 6 track events. Never had an issue with the rotors or calipers. Never had a fade problem at the track would never even have to bleed them before the 2nd day of a 2 day track event.

Used wilwood C type pads on the track. The rotors were originally 1.25" thick (13.4 inch Diameter) now are a little under 1.2". The rotors came from Coleman Racing.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-17-2008, 09:50 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That looks like our Rotor hat??? Please replace the hardware during the rotor swap, no matter what.

Randy
www.dougrippie.com
Old 12-18-2008, 12:21 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
That looks like our Rotor hat??? Please replace the hardware during the rotor swap, no matter what.

Randy
www.dougrippie.com
Thanks but the factory hardware was put back on the car. This setup will never be used again.

I drew up the hat myself and had it machined, though it looks like most other rotor hats.

Get notified of new replies

To These rotors served me well

Quick Reply: These rotors served me well