Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*Video* One lap of PBIR in a Daytona Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default *Video* One lap of PBIR in a Daytona Prototype

A couple weeks ago I was involved in a test at PBIR with the great people at Orbit Racing. It was done in preparation for the Rolex 24 at Daytona. It ended up being one of the best times I have had at the track. The stakes also ended up getting turned up a bit thanks to alot of wine at dinner the night before. Thankfully I won my bet. I also ended up giving rides in a Porsche Cup car to some of the karting kids including my own. Dunno if times will help for reference but I ran a low 1:19 in the cup car alone, a high 20 with the kids, and a 1:11.92 in the DP. The cup car hits a low 150s MPH on the back stretch. The DP hits 171MPH on the back stretch. and just passes 140MPH on the front. Cornering speeds are right around 60 +/- 10mph depending on corner in DP.

I noticed every non-pro entering way wider than the pro line in the 180 turns. There is no reason to do this at PBIR as the runoff is paved. Hopefully this video will help a bit for anyone going there.

Video-1 Lap PBIR

This is certainly the track record. At least until the IRL tests there this off season if that happens. Also, this video is from my site and is subject to my copyright so pleas don't hack it up and put it on Youtube

P.S. Sorry the sound sucks. It is hooked into a Video Sync Module for the Motec system and I suspect this is part of the problem I have getting decent audio from the files they send me. Then again what do I know?

Last edited by Blocktrdr; 12-18-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here also is a second video. It is myself and two of my co-drivers, simultaneously inserted into an HD frame. As I really want to avoid any direct opinions, I would prefer no-one mention any names. I should also add that the Indy driver drove earlier when the track was a little slicker. Still cool to see three different drivers accomplish about the same thing in different ways.

This ones bigger but worth it

Again, especially here, my video definitely copyrighted by me. Please do not reproduce.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:14 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice videos thanks for posting. Got to love the sequential tranny - wish we could do those in a Vette at anything close to a reasonable price.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:22 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome videos, thanks for sharing

Get notified of new replies

To *Video* One lap of PBIR in a Daytona Prototype

Quick Reply: *Video* One lap of PBIR in a Daytona Prototype