Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full 25-Hour Writeup and Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 05:19 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default Full 25-Hour Writeup and Pictures

I've got the full story - including a bunch of pictures - up on the website now.

Thanks again to the Pfadt Corvette Domination team for their help without hesitation when we needed it.

Aaron, Jeremy, Danny, Dean, and Norm - it was awesome to meet you guys and I look forward to seeing you on track (and getting the hell outta the way!) again soon!

Through turn 8 around 110mph with collapsed left-rear suspension:
Old 12-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great write up. Your car sounded quite awesome blasting down the sraightaway between turns 15 and 1. Any idea what your top speed was? We were running a Spec Miata (#2)and hit about 115
Old 12-20-2008, 06:10 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Joy of 6
Great write up. Your car sounded quite awesome blasting down the sraightaway between turns 15 and 1. Any idea what your top speed was? We were running a Spec Miata (#2)and hit about 115
Thanks - glad you enjoyed the writeup! The car really does have a unique, cool sound, and it sounds a lot different from inside than outside. Hard to say on speed since I'm a bit unfamiliar with the gear ratios... But, I would guess on a really hot lap in the 145-150 range headed in to turn 1.

Looks like you guys had a great result - 9th in class and 38th overall - congrats!!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikahb
Thanks - glad you enjoyed the writeup! The car really does have a unique, cool sound, and it sounds a lot different from inside than outside. Hard to say on speed since I'm a bit unfamiliar with the gear ratios... But, I would guess on a really hot lap in the 145-150 range headed in to turn 1.

Looks like you guys had a great result - 9th in class and 38th overall - congrats!!
I get about 130 in my Z so 150 is reasonable.

Well thanks for the congrats but..... we were leading class by 4 laps when the throttle body shaft broke and then we werw down by 4 laps. We went to 5th in class and then 45 minutes from the checker we got up to second place and the engine blew..... We'll be back next year!!

Get notified of new replies

To Full 25-Hour Writeup and Pictures

Quick Reply: Full 25-Hour Writeup and Pictures