Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Track - Anyone Familiar?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:40 AM
wmk32
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Track - Anyone Familiar?

Looks to be a new track opening in Orlando next month, has anyone heard much about this?

http://cfroadcourse.com/default.aspx
Old 12-30-2008, 09:36 AM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Yeah, I heard that it's 6,000 a day during the week. Weekends are more. I'm trying to confrm that.

Seems a bit high when you can get an established track like Roebling for around 3,000 or so a day. And Sebring is a few grand more for a big name track with real facilities.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:01 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

$6000 a day for a 1 mile track is way too expensive ---- My guess is that they are going to have a lot of vacant days and the price will have to come down. For HPDE use, you could not get enough cars on that short of a track to pay the cost.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:49 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a brother in law that lives in Orlando, now I got a reason to visit him :-)
Old 12-30-2008, 11:33 AM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Interesting, I have never heard of this one. Their web site could use some work. It looks like they took an old storage/parking lot and turned it into a track. That is why it is so small. It's pretty much a big autocross coarse. Check out google maps (parcel ln, orlando, fl) and you can see the original parking lot.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:43 PM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

I got a response from the track. It's "only" $5,000 per day. That does include the cost of safety personnel though, which can add a lot to the rental price of a track.

If you book multiple days, either together or throughout the year there would be discounts.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Obviously the location is convenient for those of us in the Orlando area, but after glancing through the website it does appear that it could be relatively expensive given the entry restrictions and the actual track length issues.
OTOH, it's academic for me right now as I've got my car all apart, but I'd like to see some feedback from anyone who actually attends an event there in the near future.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:45 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I know the developer / Managing partner Matt. He mentioned the track is going to be a motorsports county club first. Then rent out to race organizations and clubs.

They wanted a longer track but could not come up with the room for the track and saftey run off areas.

He said he worked with the local SCCA and PCA for advice on design and safety.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:50 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I know the developer / Managing partner Matt. He mentioned the track is going to be a motorsports county club first. Then rent out to race organizations and clubs.

They wanted a longer track but could not come up with the room for the track and saftey run off areas.

He said he worked with the local SCCA and PCA for advice on design and safety.
so when are we going to give it a test run
Old 01-04-2009, 09:42 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
so when are we going to give it a test run
I asked Matt several times, when he is ready, I and few others would be more then happy to come down and give it a test run for a proper evaluation.

I think he is just laying down the site prep now. When I last talked with him between T-day and X-mas, he just got the permits all in place.

Get notified of new replies

To New Track - Anyone Familiar?

Quick Reply: New Track - Anyone Familiar?